Chapter Eight: Locked Away- R.City {Adam Levine}

Every day since Derek took me to see Deaton I have been practicing more and more on how I could use my powers to help the pack as well as understand fully what they entail

Every day since Derek took me to see Deaton I have been practicing more and more on how I could use my powers to help the pack as well as understand fully what they entail. Unfortunately, that also means to protect themselves and myself I have been gone. I walk down into the train depot and smile softly, "Hey pups, Hey Derek." I say softly. Isaac, Boyd, and Erica look up and smile widely seeing me. "Mama wolf! You're home!" They cheer running over to me and hugging me tightly. I hug each of them tightly before looking at Derek who had just set down a large crate. I smile as Boyd sets me down from the hug and we walk over to Derek. "Hey." I say softly, "I know you said not to come today but, I had to see you guys." I tell him in a shy tone. He smiles and nods to me, "Glad to see you again now let's get back to business." Derek says to the others before opening up the trunk. I take notice of the symbol that was burned into the lid of the chest. "What is that?" Issac asks confused. Derek opens his mouth to answer but Boyd beats him to it. "It's a triskele. The spirals mean different things-- past, present future; mother, father, child..." He explains causing Derek to look at him surprised before nodding his head. "Do you know what it means to me?" He asks and I stand beside Boyd. "Alpha, Beta, and Omega. Nice job remembering what I taught you for English lore class Boyd." I say and he smiles sheepishly. "That's right. It's a spiral-- it reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become Alphas, but Alphas can also fall to Betas or even Omegas." Derek tells us causing Isaac to look at him. "Like Scott?" He questions causing Derek to look at him "Scott's with us." He tells him simply before looking through the box. "Really? Then where is he now?" Isaac asks looking around the depot. "He's looking for Jackson. Don't worry, he's not gonna have it easy tonight, either. None of us will. There's a price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal, but tonight, you're gonna want to kill anything you can find." Derek tells them I could feel Boyd's uneasiness and I take his hand gently my eyes flashing purple as I push the feeling of calm onto him. "Good thing I had my period last week, then," Erica says in a joking tone. I stifle a laugh before Derek holds up a spiked crown. "Well, this one's for you." He tells her and I look at him with wide eyes.

I help Derek as he chains up the others, I give Boyd a sad smile and I put the last padlock into place. "What if we break free?" Boyd asks Derek and I look up at him with big eyes. "Then you'll do anything you can to get out of here. Probably try to kill me, then kill each other, and kill anything else with a heartbeat." Derek says and I hum softly. Derek looks between me and Isaac. "I need you to hold her." He tells us and I nod my head as Isaac holds her in kinda a headlock. Erica grabs onto the railings looking at me worriedly. "So, how come she gets to wear the headband?" Isaac asks Derek causing him to nearly roll his eyes. "Because she'll be able to withstand more pain than the two of you... I've got an extra one if you really want it..." He tells him and Isaac shakes his head. "I'll pass." He tells him. Derek moves to put the thing on Erica's head. "Wait..." I tell him before standing in front of Erica staring into her eyes. "Erica, are you sure you are ready for this pup?" I ask her in a soft voice. She nods her head gently and I hug her before stepping back. "You ready?" Derek questions again making sure she is absolutely ready. "Yeah..." She says as Derek puts the headband on her. He starts screwing it into place and she screams out in pain. I hold my hand on top of hers on the railings my eyes flashing purple again as I help ease some of her pain. Isaac grunts in pain as we lock him up. "How do you not feel this?" He asks Derek and I look at the older man. My eyes flashed purple again as I was consumed by what Derek and Isaac were feeling. "He's feeling every second of it, Is trust me." I say causing both of them to look at me. "Then how do you control it?" Isaac asks Derek. Derek looks at the binding he was finishing, "Find an anchor, something meaningful to you. Bind yourself to it. Keep the human side in control." Derek tells him simply. "What is it for you?" Isaac asks him as he stares at him. Derek finishes the binding staring at it almost as if he was mulling over whether to lie or not. "Anger. But it doesn't have to be that for everybody." Derek explains before Isaac looks from me to him. "You mean Scott?" Isaac asks him and Derek nods his head."Yeah. All right, that should do it." He says pulling on the chains to make sure they stay when suddenly the beam breaks. "Shit," I mumble softly before looking up and seeing Erica and Boyd staring us down with yellow eyes as they growl at us.

Word Count: 964