Chapter 21

America stared into the flames of his bonfire, the flames danced in the air. He has chainsmoked around 4 cigarettes, and he felt like death. He smothered out the 5th one and then closed his eyes and leaned back. He let out a sigh.

He sat there and was almost falling asleep for probably half an hour, before being woken up by footsteps. He opened his eyes and tried to blink away the blurring in his eyes. He looked back groggily and didn't make out the person.

The person spoke "Аmerika?" It was Russia. America rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Erm....uh hi?" Russia went and squatted down next to America.

"What are you doing?" America yawned again,

"Just uh...sitting." Russia sniffed the air and then looked at America's feet. He recoiled with a look of disgust.

"You have been smoking." America sighed and looked away. Russia stood up "Amerika. Why?" America let out a sigh and grunted at Russia.

"For Christ's sake Russia I just killed a man." Russias eyes slightly widened.

"..what?" America looked back at him, the numbness of shock was wearing off. He was tearing up.

"I killed him. I.." Russias gaze softened as he knelt down.

"You went through with it?" He spoke softly.

"I had to. I'm not letting him abuse anyone." America let out a choked cry. "Why does it sting so bad this time."

Russia sighed softly. He stood back up and grabbed America's hand. America looked at him confused. Russia pulled him up and out of the chair and began walking towards the house. Russia went to grab the handle of the door.

The door moved open when his hand touched it. He walked in with America who shut the door. He walked down a hallway and to a bathroom, he stopped at the doorframe and looked back at America.

"You shower. You stink like tobacco." America blinked at Russia.

"I don't have anything to change into." He spoke quietly. There was a look of guilt in his eyes. Russia responded quickly,

"I will get clothes. You just shower. Hate smell of tobacco." America nodded slowly and went into the bathroom and shot the door. Russia turned and went to the room him and America split. He opened up a dresser drawer.

He dug through the clothes carefully and picked out a few things. He then walked back to the bathroom. The hall was filled with sounds of the shower running. He opened the door and announced himself before setting the clothes down.

He went back into the hall and closed the door. He walked into the first living room and flopped on the couch. He didn't even bother with turning the TV on. He just closed his eyes and let his thoughts take over.

So America has killed 'Dixie'. Great? This didn't really affect him. The ghost was more of a minor inconvenience. But to the states he made them uncomfortable. Considering the civil war that was quite fair. He continued processing for a bit.

After what seemed like only 20 minutes something told him to open his dreary eyes. He blinked for a few moments before being jerked fully awake by a scream and the sound of glass shattering coming from the bathroom.