Chapter 1 - Stressed Morning

America was sitting at the large dining room table working on government crap. He hasn't slept in 2 days so far. He looked at the clock '6:45 am' and sighed. He then heard foot steps coming near him, he looked at the stair case and saw eyes looking at him. "Come on out, I already know you're there" he said. A small figure aproched him, he recognised the figure as his 8 year old son Michigan. "What are ya doing up so early Mich?" America asked "I could ask the same thing to you dad" the kid responded. America laughed slightly "The usual. Government stuff" Michigan nodded "I woke up and couldn't fall asleep again. Nobody else was up so I came down here" The kid said

"Oh...well what a coincidence that we where up at the same time I guess" America said laughing slightly. Michigan nodded. "Uh...welll...do you wanna watch the sun finish rising on the back porch?" The American asked his son, Michigan nodded. America got up and picked his son up "gotcha!" His son laughed and smiled. The two went out to the porch and sat there looking at the sun. Time passed, the sun had rised, and the two went back inside

Michigan was on the large living room couch. America looked at the time '9:00 am' the American got up from the dining room table and went upstairs to wake up the other 49 kids. He walked into one of the larger rooms and turned on the light "Wake up!" He said, his words where met with groans and bearly any movement. "Oh c'mon! Wake up!" The American said. More groaning. "Hm...fine then. I mean I was planning on taking you guys to the beach later today but I guess you guys won't be coming" when he said this the kids heads popped up "did you say beach?" Florida (age: 9 1/2) asked. America nodded "Yep. But if y'all don't get up you can't come."

All of the 5 kids in the room quickly got up. America laughed and muttered "works every single time" he then went and woke up all of his other kids. Afterwards he went on the couch holding his youngest kid, Hawaii (age 4). He stared at the clock '10:00 am' when he got a call from his brother Canada "Kids shush for a minute! I'm getting a call" his kids quieted down and he picked up "Hello?" "America! Where the hell are you!?" His Canadian brother said "at my home? Why?" "Today's the meeting remember?!" "That's today!?" "Yes it's today! Hurry up and get over here!" "Alright alright! Give me a bit" The call ended after that.

"Alright kids! Change of plan. I have the meeting so we will go to the beach after it so....at about 12:30. I'm going to change and get going. Don't do stupid stuff. Don't destroy the house. Look after eachother. Got it?" His kids nodded and he quickly went to his room, changed, then left. While on his way, his lack of sleep had really started to hit him. He forced himself to stay awake until nightfall.

He got to the meeting building about 20 minutes later, he sighed and walked in. His phone went off and he saw another call from Canada, he picked up "Amer-" "I'm in the building and almost to the room see you in a bit bye" The American quickly said before ending the call. America quickly realised he forgot to put on his sunglasses right as he was about to open the door, so he quickly threw them on and walked in. The room went silent as soon as he walked in "you're late again America" The UN said to America. America usually would have some kind of snarky response but for once he didn't have anything to say, so he just took his seat next to his family. Drowsiness at this point was beginning to take him over. He just sat there nodding off slightly until he began to get random flashes of past and a loud high pitched ringing filled his hearing. He growled quietly and held his head in his hands. He jumped when he felt someone shake him a bit. He looked in front of himself to see UN staring at him

"America. Did you even hear what I asked you?" UN said "uh...n-no sir" America responded. "I asked how things in your country where going." "Oh...uh things are going good" the American responded "Ok...then how are things with you? You sound extremely tired" "uh...t-things are fine with me" "you sure?" "Uh yep" "...you do realize that I can tell your lying right?" America looked down 'oh shit oh shit oh shit-' "What's really going on." America kept silent before his phone rang.

America looked at his phone 'Incoming call from Illinois' the American got up "One minute". America went outside of the room and picked up "Hello?" "Heeeeyyy dad.." "What happened now?" "Well you see uh..." "Quit stalling" "Uh...Wisconsin kinda got stuck in a tree.." "He what." "Uh we tried to have a climbing competition and Wis got stuck at the top of the 25 foot oak" "Oh for God's sake...is he hur-" America was cut off as he heard a loud cracking come through his phone. "What the hell was that!?" "Dad you need to get over here quick. The branch Wis was on just broke a lot!" "Oh dear god...I'll be there as soon as I can.." The call ended.

America walked back into the room and was met by stares. "What was that about?" Australia, America's brother asked. "Uh long story but I gotta go" America responded "America you can't just leave abruptly" the Americans father said "Watch me." America said, about to walk out of the room when he was stopped by ASEAN. "Move." The American said "No. I won't until you tell us the reason." "Just move already" the American growled. ASEAN stared at the American "State your reason for leaving and I might." America was struggling not to explode at this point "Just fucking move." "I told you once before. Say why your leaving" America growled and yelled "JUST MOVE! I HAVE TO LEAVE OR SOMEONE I KNOW COULD GET SERIOUSLY INJURED" as America yelled this he shoved ASEAN back and stormed out.

America's siblings looked at eachother concerned "That's not like America...he usually is pretty respectful of others..." New Zealand muttered to the others "yeah...something bad must of happened.." Canada muttered back. The room was deathly silent until UN spoke "Well....let's Just continue the meet despite America's absence."

To be continued next chapter

Word count: 1132