Chapter 2 - Stress and Apologies

America walked on the sidewalk alone regretting his decision to push ASEAN and storm off...but he could have told everyone his true reason. They couldn't know about his kids. If they did they might take some of them away...he won't allow his family to be spit up. He kept walking when he got to the trees around his house. He went through the trees and saw some of his kids gathered around the 25 foot oak tree. He quickly went over "What happened?" He said. Some of his kids jumped while others looked down guiltily. He looked up and saw Wisconsin clinging to a half broken branch. He knew he would have to climb the tree.

He then called up to his son "Hold on Wis. I'll be there in a minute" and began climbing. He climbed until he was close to Wisconsin. "Wis. I need you to try and get closer to me" Wisconsin nodded slightly and moved a bit on the branch. The branch made small cracking noises as the state moved. America at this point knew that the branch was going to break, he's climbed to many trees to say other wise. He was just waiting for the moment of the branch breaking. Suddenly a loud 'SNAP' filled the silence as the branch broke. America quickly reached out to grab/catch his son, which worked. The American pulled his now shaking son close to him and watched as the branch hit the ground. He then quickly climbed down.

Once America reached the ground he kind of just slumped against the tree hugging his son. Some of his other kids came up asking if the two where ok, to which America responded with a 'yes'. America let his son go and decided to try and call one of his siblings to ask if he could come back to the meeting. He quickly pulled out his phone and found Canada's contact before clicking the call button. He sat there waiting for an answer 'c'mon Nada pick up please' he then heard a voice at the other end "Hello?" "Heeeeey Nada" "Oh! Hello Ame. What's up?" "Is the uh meeting still going on?" "Yeah. It's only 11:30" "ok...can you ask if I can come back? I wanted to apologize for what I did" "mhm one minute" America waited in silence trying to hear what the muffled voices were saying. "Alright everyone else said you're good to come back" his Canadian brother said "Alright. I'll be there in like 10 minutes" "Alrighty. See ya soon" "See ya" the call ended with a click.

America looked at his kids "Ok listen. I'm going back to the meeting and you are to stay inside till I get back. If I come back to the house out of order I will stop the beach trip. Got it?" All of his kids nodded and ran inside. America then started to the meeting building. On his way there he heard a demented voice "ý0ū cąn'ť ķ33þ ŕųųň1n9, Åməř1çā" the voice caused the American to stop dead in his tracks. He looked around and saw nobody which just freaked him out more. The strange is...the voice seemed familiar to America...he seemed to know the voice from his past...America quickly started walking again, trying to ignore what he just heard. He got to the building without hearing another word from this 'voice' and went in. He approached the meeting rooms door and looked at it. The American slowly opened the door and went inside. The room went silent as always as he entered.

He quickly walked to the seat he was previously in and say down. He just sat in place as almost everyone was staring at him "Can y'all please not stare?". The stares died off after that and the meeting continued. America just sat there listening as he heard the weird voice he heard before "Į'm ćøm¡ņ9 bāčķ~" hearing this caused the Americans body to visibly stiffen as he sat there in shock. He jumped a bit as he felt someone tap his shoulder "You good mate?" The person said. America looked at the person to see his Australian brother. "Y-Yep I'm fine" the American answered "a'ight" his sibling said. America tried paying attention when the voice spoke again "Ī'łł 9əţ mý ŘƏVÈÑĢĘ" it seemed to screech the last part. America froze at this and glanced around to see if anyone else had heard the voice. Nobody else was reacting. He looked down and stared at the floor. He kept looking at the floor before he felt a burning on his arm. The burning got so intense he gripped onto his arm trying to distract himself from the burning. He could sense someone staring at him, he looked up to see Russia his "enemy" staring at him confused. He quickly looked back down and ignored the stare.

Soon the meeting had ended and America had went to ASEAN and apologized, he was forgiven. His mother, France, had come up to him and asked "America are you alright?" The American quickly nodded "Yep. Why do you ask?" "You were acting strange during the meeting and you left earlier" "oh yeah that...well I'm fine" "If you say so". France was about to say something else when she was cut off by America "I'll be right back" as he turned and walked into the males bathroom. The American rolled up the sleeve of the arm that was burning to reveal 3 long scratch marks. He stared at the scratches in surprise and shock. America knew to much shit about paranormal to not to think twice about what caused this. He shook his head roughly and rolled his sleeve back down.

America stared into the mirror when he got a pain in his stomach as if he had just gotten punched. This caused him to almost fall backwards in surprise and pain. He looked at the mirror and almost screamed at what he saw, he saw a weird dead what appeared to be a 'country' in the mirror. He stared before the apparition began laughing crazily "Ý0ų'2ę åñ ¡đıøț. Ýöų ķňöw țhāţ, ř¡9hţ?" The supposedly dead being asked.

To be continued next chapter

Word count: 1048