Ch 3

Stiles had his eyes fixated on the strawberry blonde woman in front of him.

It was a few moments before Lydia had him in her arms in a tight hug. Stiles slightly flinched at the sudden touch but he still gulped his anxiety away before hugging her back.

"Oh my God I've missed you, where the hell have you been for the last 10 years you didn't talk to any of us I thought the worse happened to you. You have no idea how worried we were and still are." Lydia ranted.

"Yeah Lyds I missed you too, I had to leave its not something I chose. Nice to see you again tho." Stiles said back.

"You have a lot of explaining to do but first I came to check o- DEREK!" The woman shouted seeing the werewolf sitting, perfectly fine.

"When did you heal? Not that it's bad of course but how, you weren't healing?!" Lydia asked.

"Yeah, Stiles healed me I believe." Derek said, his voice calm and full of love.

Eli slightly gagged and Stiles was holding back his laughter, Lydia focused her attention back on the human.

"You healed him? That's great! Does that mean you learned how to control your power?" Lydia barrages once again.

"You tell me." Stiles shot back.

His eyes glew a light blue and the backpack he had on the bed opened up revealing a book.

He moved the book using his mind and gave it to Lydia.

"Latin, you once said that you were looking for this book since it had a lot of info about Latin culture and mythology. I managed to find this copy and immediately got it, for you." Stiles explained.

Lydia opened the book and took a quick glance before her eyes lit up and she hugged her ex-boyfriend.

"Thank you Sti, this is the best thing ever!" She cooed.

Stiles heard 2 low growls but he just shrugged it off before hugging her back. They remained in that position for a few seconds before letting go.

They sat down on the 2 chairs beside Derek's bed, Stiles offered the chair to Eli and the latter accepted it. Stiles ended up on Derek's lap with the latter's hands around his waist.

The 3 adults talked for about an hour, Eli joined in from a time to time to give a sarcastic remark or his very, not so humble, opinion.

"I really enjoyed talking to you guys, we all miss you Stiles. Should I tell the pack about everything?" Lydia spoke.

"I'll make sure that we can take Derek back home today. Tell the pack that he managed to heal but don't tell them about me yet, I don't think I can face all of them yet." Stiles spoke.

Lydia nodded in understanding before hugging the man, taking her newly given book and saying her goodbyes to the three.

Derek hugged Stiles and kissed his neck making the latter slightly shiver before ruffling his husband's hair.

He turned to look at Eli, who was sitting down while texting on his phone, and kneeled next to him.

"Eli, would you like to stay with Dad or come with me so we can tell the doctors that Derek is fine?" Stiles asked.

He remembered when he used to ask Eli to choose whether to stay with him or Derek. He was always the chosen one.

Eli turned to look at Derek slightly and his father nodded with a smile.

"I-uhm... I'll stay here." He mumbled.

Stiles slightly sighed before nodding and standing up. He pat his son's head before kissing Derek and leaving the room.

"Why would you do that? You obviously wanted to go." Derek proclaimed.

"I don't want to. He doesn't care dad he just randomly showed up to check on us as if we didn't need him for the last 10 years!" Eli practically screamed.

Derek was taken back by the tone so he proclaimed otherwise. Eli, inheriting Stiles' stubborn nature, argued back and they remained arguing for a few minutes.

The door was opening and Stiles was about to walk through when he heard Eli say that sentence.

"Maybe he just didn't want to be my papa to begin with!" He shouted.

Stiles stood at the door, his emotions starting to take the best of him. He stumbled slightly and the amount of guilt and sadness was felt by everyone around him, supernatural or not.

"They'll come to check on you in a few minutes, if you're okay they'll let you go home." Stiles said.

He was looking at the ground not daring to raise his eyes especially not to meet his son's.

"Sti-" Eli was cut of by a hand on his shoulder.

Derek was the one holding his shoulder, he gave it a small squeeze before shaking his head in a no signal.

Stiles sat down, his eyes full as he held his legs trying as hard as possible not to panic.

The doctor came in and checked up Derek, after a few minutes he told the trio that he was free to go home but that it was better if he rests.

They thanked the doctor before leaving, luckily Eli came in the jeep so they had a way of transportation.

Derek was the one to drive, Stiles was on the verge of panicking and Derek immediately noticed it.

Once they entered home, Stiles was still trying not to panic and Eli noticed it.

"Eli, how about you go to your room and straight to bed, make sure that you take a shower first." Derek suggested.

Eli didn't argue and did as told, leaving the 2 men alone in the middle of the house.

"Sti..."