Ch 9

The family finished their dinner in silence, Eli taking glances at his father from time to time still trying to process whatever he was supposed to be.

Once done, Derek threw all the boxes away and returned to the two.

"I'm guessing you two need to talk alone. I'm going to probably sleep." Derek said.

Stiles nodded and gave his husband a quick peck before the latter went to his room then shouted a 'goodnight' that the other two returned.

"Let's go talk in your room, I have to explain alot." Stiles sighed.

Eli nodded and the two walked to the room. Stiles sat down on the bed, he looked to his left and found the box he had given to his son and smiled.

"So... the spark? Anodites? Violet wolf?" Eli asked.

"Ok let's start from the beginning. Millions of years ago before humans even came to be, the first Anodite came into existence. Her name was 'Gwendylon'. She was, just like I am, made out of energy. She created herself a partner and they had some kids, those kids did the same thing and created themselves partners. Anodites continued their bloodline but ,as time passed by Anodites became less powerful due to being distributed, thus they continued inter-breeding between themselves. When an Anodite kills another, they take their powers but if an Anodite gets killed by a non-Anodites their powers go back into the earth for other Anodites to tap into if needed. Luckily Anodites didn't become power hungry so they didnt have to worry about murdering each other, what they did wrong was rely on peace on its own as they all were murdered by other supernaturals. Only a few survived and tried to continue their bloodlines. Sooner or later the 2 remaining Anodites were your grandparents, my parents. Now the world has 1 pure blooded anodite and 2 non-pure blooded ones." Stiles explained.

Eli was frozen still with all the information getting thrown his way, he managed to nod but he was still rather confused about a few things.

"Now the spark is what Anodites awaken to be able to use their powers. It takes shape as a glowing diamond on the Anodites back." Stiles said.

Eli tilted his head and stiles smiled slightly. He removed his shirt and turned around to show his son what it looked like.

Eli touched the glowing blue diamond symbol on his father's back. He immediately removed his hand feeling like it was burning.

"Pure mana, which is the life force that we Anodites manipulate, is pink but mine is blue which shows that it is the strongest there is." Stiles explained.

"Cool !" Eli cooed.

"Happy you think so kiddo, now to the violet wolves. It's probably the easiest to explain, when an Anodite is bitten and turned to a wolf the bite is in a way mixed with the Anodite's spark. It enhances the werewolf while also giving the Anodite even more mana in their body to use. It takes a purple colour due to the mix of the pink mana colour and the blue colour in my eyes, in your case it's for another reason." Stiles said, his voice was rather low in that last part.

"Why? What is the reason?" Eli asked.

Stiles looked at his hand, he wanted to answer but his guilt was taking the best of him. His anxiety was becoming clear to his son which widened his eyes.

Eli hugged his father as a way to calm him down. Stiles immediately calmed his nerves when taking in his son's scent.

A few minutes passed and Stiles let go, Eli smiled at him.

"It was the reason I left. You were 5, a group of wolves barraged into the house. They were about to attack me but you appeared out of nowhere to 'save me' but what you weren't aware is that I was blasting them with a spell. The spell hit you instead and you were hurt. It's the reason you have the blue hair strand." Stiles explained, he took his son's unusual hair strand colour colour in his hand.

"I left so I could learn how to use my powers in a safe way so I don't end up hurting anyone again." Stiles said.

Eli froze up, he felt darkness starting to consume him and he gulped.

"S-so you left because of me?" Eli asked.

"No, I left for you. I left because I wanted to spend my time with you while making sure that you're safe from me. I wanted to show you all the love without getting out of control." Stiles assured.

Eli felt tears starting to form in his eyes, before he could remove them his fathetf wiped them off. Stiles gave his forehead a quick kiss that calmed the teen down.

"Your wolf is reacting to my spark-enhanced wolf recognizing him as his father." Stiles said.

"So I can enter this 'violet wolf' form only when you're around?" Eli asked.

"For now, yeah. When you awaken your spark then you'll become a violet wolf without any help of mine." Stiles said.

He now had his son on his thigh while playing with the latter's hair.

"Wait I can also become an Anodite?" Eli questioned.

"Correction, you can activate your spark. You already are an Anodite silly." Stiles corrected.

"So I would be able to do the things you can?" Eli asked with stars in his eyes.

"Yeah but it would be harder for you. You have no where near as much energy as I do and you need to study alot of spells. Spells that I can use without any words" Stiles said.

"I'm ok with that! Can you train me? We can spend our time just like when I was a kid, we can fix our relationship! We'll be the coolest duo again!" Eli barraged.

"I would activate your spark but it's better if you allow your body to do it on its own. Forcing it to activate might hurt you and I'd rather die than allow you to get hurt again." Stiles said.

Eli was slightly saddened by that but he nodded in understanding.

"The reason you're eyes take a purple colour is because your spark might have absorbed my own mana. Thus with your pink mama and my blue one, you get purple. Now that you have started being able to shift to your wolf form, your mana changed colour to take the same one as your 'soul' so probably yellow just like your beta eyes." Stiles said.

Eli understood what the man said but then a question appeared.

"Wait you said there's one pure-blooded Anodite, you, and 2 non-pure-blooded ones. I'm one of them, who's the other?" Eli asked.

"Oh I forgot to say, when a spark mates with another being the being is genetically capable of activating a spark if the Anodites allows it." Stiles said

"Wait so dad can become an Anodite? We'd be an Anodite trio!" Eli screamed.

"He doesn't know yet, I don't want to tell him until I'm sure that he'd be ok if he activates it." Stiles interrupted.

"Oh..." Eli said, he slightly felt down.

Stiles pat his head and kissed his forehead, once again cheering the teen up.

"I'm glad I got to explain everything to you but it's time to sleep." Stiles said.

Eli pouted slightly and nodded. Stiles floated him slightly and stood up before throwing the teen on he bed.

"Ouch" Eli whined.

"Hihi, goodnight pup" Stiles said while stepping out the room.

"Good night... Papa." Eli mumbled back.