Ch 4

"I've truly missed you guys but I should probably go back." Stiles said in a shaky voice.

"Stiles no, I just got you back and I'm not loosing you again." Derek argued.

Stiles slightly sighed, Eli was standing outside his room in silence ears-dropping on the pair so he could understand anything about why his papa would have left.

"I know Der, I don't even want to go but I have to." Stiles said.

"Do not use the same line on me Stiles, We need you here, the pack needs you, I need you... Eli needs you." Derek shot back.

"Listen Der, I love all of you but can't you see? I'm a bad influence on Eli I literally was panicking in front of him!" Stiles practically screamed.

"Bullcrap he barely showed any emotions the entire time, he didn't even panic." Eli mumbled to himself.

"Stiles you'd obviously slightly panic! If I heard my son saying that I'd do even worse. This just how's that you're strong enough to be here for Eli." Derek assured.

"Der please, I failed as a dad to Eli just like my dad failed me. Do I even deserve the title 'dad' if my own son thinks I don't care about him?" Stiles said, still holding back his emotions.

"Stiles, Eli needs you. No matter how harsh he's being he's still confused, you can't leave him again... You can't leave me again." Derek mumbled.

"Derek please, I have failed as a father just like I failed as a husband, brother, son and every ever title I've ever been given." Stiles whined.

Derek had no idea how to answer to that, he wrapped his arms around his husband and the latter shivered slightly before letting his guard down.

Tears started storming out Stiles' eyes as Derek hushed and gave him small pecks on his neck, the Anodite calmed down slightly by the action.

Eli had his eyes widened seeing his father in such a state, the boy also started shedding some tears but he managed to hold back as much as possible before entering his room.

Derek took Stiles to his room and helped him take of his clothes leaving the man in his underwear, Stiles put on a hoodie and laid on the bed.

Derek laid next to him and cuddled with him for a few minutes until the slightly younger man was fully asleep, he truly needed to rest.

Derek gave his husband one last kiss before going to check on his son. It wasn't long before he was entering Eli's room, after the latter allowed him to enter.

"Hey Eli, how's it going buddy?" Derek asked.

"Why does Stiles seem so... broken? Does he really care that much about us? Does he really feel bad cause of what I said? Why did he say that he failed at everything? Why did he cry in front of you but didn't bother to show any emotions other than 'happines' around me in the hospital?" Eli barraged his father with questions.

"Did you hear all of that?! Eli what did I say about earsdropping on us?" Derek asked.

"That's not the point dad! Answer my questions!?" Eli shouted.

"...Fine, your father has had one of the hardest lives anyone could have. He has suffered a lot yet he still keeps on a smile and acts all happy and fine. He cares about us more than anything so what you said did infact hurt him, alot. He didn't cry in front of you because... he isn't the most expressive person, he doesn't want you or anyone to see him falling apart." Derek spoke.

"Well if he cares that much then why did he leave? Why did he leave us... why did he leave me? Why didn't he call? Why didn't he ask about us? Why... did he take away my papa?" Eli whispered the last part.

Derek was frozen in his place, he hated seeing Stiles shattering and his son was doing it just like Stiles does.

"I can't tell you, Stiles asked me to not speak of it. All I can say is that he was forced to leave, he didn't want to leave us at all but the circumstances led to him leaving." Derek managed to explain.

"But it's not fair, I missed my papa. I missed the man that loved me, I missed the man that stood with me all the time, the man that held me in his hands whenever I asked him to, I missed the man that would cuddle with me the entire day while giving me kisses and candies even if he was all healthy and shit. Don't I have the right to have that man now? Don't I deserve to keep my papa with me?" Eli asked.

Once done his tears were getting out of control, he was practically weeping and Derek was trying even harder not to do the same.

He hugged his son and the latter returned it rather immediately, the two trying their best not to turn the night into hours full of tears.

"You do deserve that. In fact I'm sure Stiles will do his best to allow that to happen. You have no idea how much he loved you Eli. You are the only thing keeping Stiles alive right now. Without you, Stiles would have fell apart years ago, he said it himself. Once he's awake tomorrow, we'll have breakfast together. Talk to him Elias, get your papa back." Derek ordered.

"I will, and I won't let go if him again. Ever." Eli proclaimed.

"I'm sure you won't".

A/N : This chapter feels like shit but I have no idea how to write any emotions so... deal with it ig 😭