16 | Fishing Date

Lana's POV

Today's the day ash and I go on a fishing date, I'm currently waiting for him to arrive, we agreed he would come to my house to pick me up.
I waited till I heard him call me out outside the door.

"Lana I'm here." He said outside, "I'll be right out ash." I told him as I grabbed my fishing rod, bait and everything else I'll need, and wait out.

"Hey ash, you ready to fish with me?" I asked him, as I saw he was carrying a blue fishing rod, I was really looking forward to this, "You know I am, let's go!" Ash declared with excitement.

But just then my little sister harper and sarah came out, and looked at ash curiously, oh no.. They better not say anything..
"Are you our sister's boyfriend?!" They asked with sparkles in their eyes, "I don't exactly get what you mean, but I guess?" He answered, ash there's a difference between a boyfriend and a friend who's a boy, I blushed while crying on the inside.

"Lana has a boyfriend! Lana has a boyfriend!" They kept chanting over and over and I blushed as they kept doing it, "Ahhh! he's not my boyfriend, he's just a friend who happens to be a boy!" I told them then
I grabbed his hand and pulled him to my lapras ride pokémon, We both got on and sat next to each other which made me blush even more, but finally I couldn't handle any more of that.

"Was there something I said?" He asked as he tilted his head, I see ash is dense I cried inside as my chances were lowering, "Ash a boyfriend is a romantic thing, it's like what a dad would be to a mother." I explained to him, "Well I don't have a dad, but I think I get it atleast." Ah crap I shouldn't have said that, I didn't know he didn't have a dad.

"I'm sorry ash I didn't know." I apologized as I lowered my head, "Hey it's okay, I have my mom atleast." He told me as he reassured me, "Now let's get fishing!" He declared, and I nodded as I smiled.

I threw my lure and waited for a bite, as did so too, we waited for a few minutes.
this was honestly nice, being with ash while doing the thing I love the most.

"Wish they would hurry up and bite." Ash pouted, moment ruined but I couldn't help but giggle.
"It takes time and patience ash, they'll bite soon." I reassured him.

"Well hopefully." And just then he caught a bite, he reeled it in and what came out was a.....
Magikarp.
I just laughed at that amazing catch.

"Very funny, atleast I caught something." He pouted as he looked at the magikarp.

"Well you're right ash." I told him as i continued to laugh, just then I caught a bite.

"Alright here I go!" I pulled the rod and reeled in whatever I caught, and It was pyukumuku.

"Who's that pokémon?" Ash asked as he brought out his pokedex and scanned the pyukumuku.

"Pyukumuku, It lives in shallow seas, such as areas near a beach. It can eject its internal organs, which it uses to engulf its prey or battle enemies." The pokedex informed him, "Wow that's so cool!" He said as he went to touch the pyukumuku.