16

Love's POV:

I had thousands of texts and calls from Pierre.

Pierre <3
I'm sorry
Please, I wanted to tell you, the bet didn't mean anything
Love please, I love you

The media was talking about the incident. There was even a video of Lando and Pierre fighting and of Arthur knocking Pierre to the ground. It was an absolute mess.

I hugged my legs burying my head in between my legs.

"Love, he's an idiot, you didn't deserve that. It's not your fault." Lance put his hand on my leg.

"It's my fault, Lance. I let him have that power over me my whole life. I put him on a pedestal and let him use me." I spoke not taking my head off my legs.

"You're a kind hearted girl who fell in love with the wrong guy."

"For about a decade." I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

"Love." He sighed pursing his lips and pulled me in to hug me. "I'm sorry, I should've dug deeper, you can't trust men." He spoke and I chuckled softly.

"I trust you." I looked at him and he smiled and shrugged.

"There's exceptions." He spoke and I giggled.

There was a knock on the door. It opened and Charles walked in.

"Hey." He smiled a little bit. "I brought you cookies, I made them." He spoke and I smiled, he put them in my nightstand.

"Thank you Charles, how kind." Lance went in to grab a cookie and Charles hit his hand. "Ow!" He looked at him offended.

"They're for love." Charles glared at him and I chuckled. "Can you let us talk for a few minutes?" He asked and Lance scoffed.

"Fine." He stood up.

"Grab a cookie, come on." Charles spoke defeated and Lance smiled.

"Thank you." He remarked each word and grab a cookie before walking out.

He closed the door and Charles sighed and sat besides me.

"Since when did you start seeing him?" He asked and I sighed looking down.

"Almost since we got here." I replied and he clicked his tongue and breathed out. "I'm sorry for not telling you, I should've told you."

"Love, it's okay, you don't need to tell me everything. But I would've appreciated a warning in case I caught you two kissing." He spoke and I chuckled.

"Good thing for you is that's not gonna happen anymore." I looked down and he sighed and wrapped his arm around me.

"I always knew you were in love with him. What I can't seem to comprehend is why would he do something like that. He was always so fond of you, what he did was fucking stupid." He spoke and I looked up at him.

"People change." I replied and he pulled me closer.

"Yeah, I guess." He hugged me and I laid my head on his chest. "Arthur broke his nose." He chuckled softly.

"I saw." I chuckled softly and my smile dropped as I remembered last night.

We made a bet. The first one who got to sleep with you would give the other 500 dollars and run down the street in just their underwear." Lando spoke looking directly at me and I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. "I'm so sorry Love." He apologized and my eyes filled with tears.

I swallowed hard as I felt a knot in my throat. This absolutely crushed the self love I'd been working on for years. I'd finally gotten to the point where I could look at myself in the mirror and smile, I used to hate mirrors. And now I do again.