Chapter 29

I've officially been at this pack house for three days and let's just say, it's not much fun. I'm practically waiting around for nothing. Carie and I began talking again but she has her own life so most of the time I'm alone. I guess I don't mind. I'd rather be alone than with people...

Ugh! I'm turning into such an introvert!

I lay back down on my bed and cover my head with my pillow. I'll probably just take a nap, it'll make time go by faster.

The next thing I know, I'm out like a light.

.

.

.

I open my eyes and see Jay. "Jay? What the hell you doing here?" I instantly realize it's a dream. "Okay..." I mumbled to myself, "I'm having a dream of my best friend's mate. This is messed up in so many ways."

He chuckled. "C'mon, let's talk." He sat down next to me.

"Alright."

"You probably already know you're pretty important, huh?"

"Without sounding conceded?" I joked. "Yeah."

"Then you should know that your life is more important than ours, mine."

"Yeah yeah, I've heard this many times before. The reason I'm important is because if I die, then basically the whole existence of werewolves can die too. Am I right?"

"Basically," he mumbled.

"Okay, thanks, now if you don't mind, I'm going to have another dream." I shut my eyes and a few seconds later, I open them. Jay was still there.

"I said you're life was more important than ours. Why is that?" Jay asked.

"I just told y-"

"How should you avoid risking your life then?" he asked.

"By not doing anything stupid..."

"-by not trying to save people who you can't help," he said.

"...you know I can't do that. I at least have to try!"

"And that's why I'm telling you this!" Jay said, "because I know you love helping people but you can't anymore if it puts you in harm!"

"You're not the boss of me," I said.

"I know I'm not. I'm just telling you, if you have to watch someone die in order to save yourself, then do it!"

"Shut up!" I yelled at him. "Leave me alone. Go back to Carie."

He gave me a sad look. "I-"

"No! Shut up! I don't want to hear anymore of what you have to say. Just let me sleep in peace," I said.

"Fine," he said, "but it's not going to be much of a peaceful sleep."

.

.

.

I suddenly woke up to the sound of a scream.

I quickly got out of bed and opened my door. I saw people running in the hallway. More screams. I managed to grab one of them.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Rogues." He ran back downstairs.

I shut my door and back away from it. They were coming to kill me. Fear striked through me and I wanted to stay in my room and hide. But then I also felt anger and I wanted to go downstairs, find Farbara and kill her. But if I did that, it'd be a fight to the death. And if she won... I didn't want to think about that. But I also didn't want people dying for me.