Chapter 30

Brad's POV

As soon as I heard a knock on the door, I knew it was trouble. It had to be information about the rogues or Lexi.

"Come in!" I yelled.

What I got instead was actually Lexi walking through the door. She seemed tired but still looked as beautiful as ever. I missed her when she left. I knew I should have gone after her... but I couldn't.

Someone was walked in behind her. "Hello," he said. "I'm Alex, beta from Arin's pack."

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well Lexi came to our pack after finding out her mother passed away."

I looked at Lexi but she refused to meet my eyes and I felt a stab of pain.

"Rogues found her and attacked our pack house. I got her out just in time. We were outnumbered so my alpha asked me to come here," he finished.

"To protect... Lexi," I said.

"Yes. You have a greater chance of winning if rogues attack here."

"Well we all know how well it went with Lexi living here," I sarcastically stated.

Lexi looked as if she was about to say something but Alex gave her a look like don't do anything sassy.

"Look," he said, "I know you've had your differences in the past but you're just gonna have to get over it."

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Lexi roll her eyes.

"So Lexi stays here so we can protect her from the rogues so they won't kill her. So what until then? We wait?" I asked.

"We're working on that," Alex said.

"I don't want to stay here that long," Lexi said looking up at Alex. I felt a hint of jealousy.

"I'm sorry," he said. "It's the best way to keep you safe."

"Right," she said. " 'Safe'."

"You know Lexi," I said, "you seem to have a thing for betas."

Lexi's POV

It took all of my willpower not to reach over and strangle him.

"Then you know what Brad?" I asked him. "It seems like you have a thing for sluts."

"I would've never called you a slut if you didn't act like one!"

"And I wouldn't have left if you weren't such an ass!" I yelled back.

"Well you leaving probably caused a bunch of deaths today. Now look who's the stupid one."

I felt tears sting in my eyes and I quickly blinked then away.

"I should probably head back to my pack house," Alex said. "They might need my help."

"...okay," I said after awhile. I really didn't want him to go. I didn't want to stay here in this hell hole.

"If you need help, just ask," Brad said.

"Thanks." Alex then looked at me. "Hey, you'll be okay." He tried to give me a reassuring smile which I couldn't return. Then he opened his arms for me to give him a hug.

"Fine," I mumbled. I wrapped my arms around him. Along with the hug came a growl from Brad.

Alex quickly stepped away from me and went to the door. "Try not to kill each other," he said half-jokingly.

"No promises," I replied.

Then it was just me and Brad in the room.

I didn't want to look at him. I didn't want to talk to him. I just wanted my life to go back to normal.

"I guess I'll show you to your room," he said. He got up and began leading me down the hallway.

"Look," he said, "I didn't mean to say what I said back there."

"Yes you did."

"Well you kinda deserved it," he mumbled.

"Really? I've deserved to have my parents killed? I deserved to be running for my life? I deserved to have a jack ass of a mate who doesn't care about me and raped me the first day he met me?!" Tears were streaming down my face.

"I do care!" he said.

"Whatever," I said wiping my eyes. "Just show me to my room."

He opened a door to a fairly decent sized room with a queen size bed and bathroom. I go inside and plop down on my bed closing my eyes, barely realizing how tired I really am. Brad sits next to me.

God, can't he leave me alone.

"Lexi..."

"I don't wanna hear it," I said.

I suddenly feel warmth right above my face. I open my eyes and see Brad right before he kissed me. For a second, I enjoy the softness of his lips. Then I pushed him off me.

"That's not going to make it better!" I said.

"I know."

"Then why'd you do it?"

He sighed and got up. "Goodnight Lexi," and he closed the door behind him.

I found the nearest pillow and screamed into it quickly falling asleep after.

.

.

.

I woke up as soon as Brad opened the door to my room.

"Sorry," he said. "I was just checking if you were awake or not."

"It's fine," I mumbled wiping the sleep out of my eyes.

"How you feeling?"

"Fine, I guess." I wasn't sure how to answer after the rogues attacking last night and us getting into an argument.

"Well, how bout we get something to eat?"

I appreciated his effort into being nice. "Yeah, I'll just get some cereal downstairs..."

"Cereal?" he asked chuckling. "Isn't it a little late for that?"

Confused, I looked at the time. "It's 1 o'clock?! I slept for that long?"

"Yeah, I guess you were pretty tired. So I was suggesting that we go out to eat for lunch?" He gave me a half smile.

"Are you asking me on a date?" I ask jokingly trying to lighten the mood.

"I guess you can say that. So is that a yes?" he asked excitedly.

I guess we could try to act like a "normal" couple going on a "normal" date surrounded by "normal" people. I could really do for normal right now.

I nodded my head.

"Awesome!" He held a boyish grin. "Just tell me when you're ready."

"Okay," I said. He closed my door after he left. I lay back down on my bed thinking.

This is our first date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How do you think they're date is gonna turn out?

I really hope you guys are enjoying the book! I'm thinking a sequel maybe? ;) I've changed my ideas a couple of times now of how the book is going to end and I think I like the one I'm with now :D

I hope all you beauties have a fabulous day!

LIKE

COMMENT