Chapter 33

Brad sat me on his bed.

"Wanna talk about it?" he asked me.

I was still shaking from my nightmare. It was like all of my fears were put into one place. Everything I've ever gone through since I met Brad. And I know some of those nightmares will never truly go away.

Brad wiped the tears on my cheeks that I didn't even know we're falling. He sat next to me and gave me a hug.

"You died," I cried into his chest. "And Connor killed you."

"It's okay," he comforted me. "I'm still here and Connor's gone. He left after I took away his title of being beta."

"But Farbara was there too... and you..."

"Yeah, you said I died."

"No. A different you. Y-you wanted to hurt me-"

"Lexi, I'm so sorry that I hurt you in the past. And knowing that what I did haunts you to this day..." he was choked with anger towards himself. "Just know I'll never do that ever again."

I've seen the way he's changed. I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for him. Yet I'd be much happier if I never met him.

You don't mean that.

Sara. She chooses now to talk to me? 'Yes I do. Just because you're happy with me and Brad being buddy buddy doesn't mean I am.'

Then what was with that kiss earlier? You can't deny that you didn't like it.

Okay, fine. I liked it. But he's my mate. I'm genetically bound to love him. If I had a choice to reject him I would've.

You don't mean that! she growls loudly in my head that forces a growl out of me. My eyes become darker as my wolf wants to come out.

Brad became startled by my sudden outburst. "I understand you should still be angry at me-"

"No, Brad, thats not it." I took a deep breath. "I believe you." It gave him a sense of relief but he still had regret in his eyes.

"Then what was..." he started buy not quite sure how to finish it.

"My wolf," I muttered annoyed. He gave me a look as if he understood.

"We should get some sleep," he said. "It's probably the middle of the night."

"Right," I mumbled. "No electricity."

He laid down on the bed and motioned me to lay down next to him. He covered us with a blanket and I snuggled into his chest. It was still raining outside.

"Try to go to sleep," he told me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I closed my eyes focusing on the sound of the rain.

You need to learn to control yourself, I told Sara.

Then don't say anything against our mate.

It's not like I hate him now. I turn my head so I can see Brad. He's different from when I first met him. That felt like such a long time ago. Everything's changed since then.

Kiss him.

What? No, I'm not going to kiss him!

Kiss him!

You're so weird! He's freaking sleeping! I don't want to be a creep!

Fine. But you better kiss him in the morning.

I mentally roll my eyes.

I still had fear coursing through my veins from the nightmare. In a way I didn't want to be here. I wanted to be home, with my mom getting ready for school the next day, anticipating finding my mate, hanging out with Jay and Carie. My life was a nightmare and I wanted it to be over.