Chapter 13

Lexi's POV

My screams echoed throughout the room. Brad threw Conner's body onto me and ran out of the room.

I held Conner in my arms. I felt his breathing in little gasps. I felt tears go down my cheeks.

The doctors came rushing through the doors. They tried to tend to me but I denied.

"Here, you should at least have this," said one doctor, giving me an oxygen mask.

Before I put it on, I asked, "Why couldn't I breathe earlier?"

"Loss of blood. Which is why I don't want to risk that again."

I sigh. I look to my right. They put Conner in a bed next to mine. Conner wasn't looking to good. He had a neck brace on and oxygen mask. He looked a yellowish pale color.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked, jerking my head in Conner's direction.

"He suffered bad injury to his neck. Luckily he's the beta."

"How is that lucky?"

"Well if Connor wasn't the beta, he'd be dead now."

I breathe out heavily. Conner could've died today.

"Now, you need your rest, Luna." He helped me put on the oxygen mask. Then he left the room. I felt my eyes becoming heavier by the second. Soon, I felt myself drifting off to sleep

.

.

.

"Hello, Lexi."

I slowly open my eyes but instead of being in bed, I'm standing up in a plain room.

"Where am I?"  I asked myself.

"You are in your mind." That voice. I know that voice.

"What do you mean I'm in my mind?"

"Well what does it sound like?" She sounded annoyed. Then I recognized her voice. It was mine. "I can tell you just figured out who I was."

"Sara." I smile. Yet, it wasn't me. "I don't get it, what's going on?"

"Usually you're in control and I'm just the background in your head. Now it's the opposite."

I understood. I wasn't talking out loud. I was talking in my head this whole time. Well in this case, my Wolf's head, Sara.

"I wanted to talk to you about Brad."

"Okay, what?"

She walked over to a picture on top of a shelf. It was of me when I was younger. "You know this room has all of your memories."

"So all these bookshelves are—"

"Your memories, yes. Thousands of, uh, photo albums, you may call them." She walked over to another bookshelf. "Sometimes I come here to pass time. It gets pretty boring being by yourself most of the time. Of course, you wouldn't know."

I mentally rolled my eyes. I can tell she's trying to make me feel bad. "You said you wanted to talk to me about Brad?"

"And Conner.'

"Okay. What about them?"

"Stop loving Conner." She said that so bluntly that it shocked me.

"What do you mean? I just can't stop loving Conner!"

"You know, the first day I met Conner, he didn't seem right to me. To put simply, I hated him. I still do."