Chapter 19

"Todd," I said, finding my voice again. "Don't come any closer. Get Savanna."

His eyes began filling with lust. He took a step towards me. Just then his smell hit me. My breathing was coming in faster as he came closer to me.

The next thing I know, he's right in front of me on his knees.

"Todd..." I said again. It was becoming extremely hard to talk let alone think when he was this close to me.

Without answering me, he lifted his hand to caress my face. Unwillingly, I fell into the caress. His touch felt like miniature explosions, something I have never experienced before. His lips were being drawn towards mine.

"Todd..." I whispered, unable to think what I was going to say next.

His lips found mine and for an instant, everything went away. All I knew was that I needed him, now.

His hands grabbed my hips tightly that I knew it would leave bruises. He pushed me closer to him. My hands instantly went into his hair and tangled themselves in it. He made my hips begin thrusting against him. My hands went down his back, tugging at his shirt, telling him to take it off with my actions. He did so as he started to kiss my neck. That gave me a chance to breathe. My hand found his abbs but I kept going lowered and lower. I began to rub the hard lump in front of his jeans which caused him to groan and thrust against my hand. His lips found mine again. He slipped a hand under my shirt and bra. I moaned.

And in that instant, I heard how much I didn't sound like myself. What the hell was I doing?!

"Todd!" I heard Savanna yell. That broke the spell between us.

I pushed against his chest. We were breathing hard. It looked like he just realized what he has done.

"Lexi, I—I'm sor—"

"Just leave, Todd," I said. He grabbed his shirt and left.

Once he left, I buried my face in my hands. I felt the embarrassment warm my cheeks. I heard Savanna sit down next to me.

"Let me go get Farbara." Her footsteps left the tent.

When she left, I lifted my face and wiped the tears I didn't know I shed.

I've barely been here for a day! Less than a day! And things are already going horribly wrong. And I started heat! How worse could things get?

Farbara entered the tent with Savanna behind her.

"Are you okay, Lexi?" Farbara asked me.

"Will I be okay?"

She sighed. "That depends. You should probably stay in your tent until your heat is over or when it isn't as strong anymore."

"How long does it last?"

"Two-three weeks."

"You're kidding me, right?" She gently shook her head no. I gave a humorless laugh. "Great! This is just great! What the hell am I suppose to do in this tent for three weeks? Knit?"

Something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. Calm down, Savanna mouthed.

She's right. I took deep breaths. "I don't get it..."

"Get what?" Farbara asked me.

"I don't get how my heat started. It never happened before. Why now?"

"Heat starts after seven days of finding your mate. If you mate with him within those seven days, you won't get heat at all."

"But I did mate with him... well accidently," I quickly added.