Chapter 26

I haven't seen Brad now for a couple of days. I still got food and what not but most of the time I didn't feel like eating.

Not being with Brad was painful. Especially in my heat. The were times where I just couldn't stop crying. My wolf has gone silent which left me and my thoughts.

I wish I never brought Todd up. And that was just a stupid argument we had. Todd's gone now. Brad shouldn't have even gotten jealous. Yeah I had sex with him but that was a mistake.

Maybe I should go talk to Brad. I really miss him. The more time that passed that I don't see him the worst my heat gets. Like sometimes when I move, it feels like pins and needles on my skin.

I had to see Brad. Now.

I walked out the room and a couple doors down to the alpha's office.

Brad should be in here...

I hesitated before trying to open the door. What if Brad is still mad at me?

I tried opening the door. Locked. Should've known. I knocked on the door.

"Brad...?" I called.

No answer. He had to be in there. I smelled the air for his scent. Yup, he's in there.

"Brad?"

Still no answer. What the hell?!

"Brad, seriously, just open the door."

Still nothing.

"Brad.... We need to talk."

Nothing.

"Brad! Please..." I felt tears go down my cheeks. I began hyperventilating.

I put my back against his door and slid down. I wrapped my arms around my legs and began crying.

I just can't take it anymore! This is such bullshit! Why is he doing this?! I can't take this!!!

I needed to leave... back home. I don't care if that means I'm not going to be part of a pack anymore.

I ran down the stairs and out the back door and shifted into my wolf form and ran the hell away from there.

It was already night time when I left. I let the moon light my way. It was so beautiful out, you could see all the stars.

I thought about seeing my mom again and I couldn't help but feel happy. She's going to ask where I've been and I'm going to tell her... the truth...

That thought made me stop in my tracks.

She's going to be dissapointed in me. What kind of daughter am I?

I quickly changed my route.

I began heading to my friend's Carie. It felt like I haven't seen her in forever. There's so much I needed to tell her.

Once I got to her house, it was around 10:00 at night. I shifted back to my human form and knocked on her door. Then I quickly ran into some nearby bushes 'cause, at the moment, I had no clothes.

I was either expecting Carie's mom to open the door or Carie herself. Yet, I didn't see her mom's car in the drive way. She must not be home.

I suddenly see the door open. "Hello?" Carie asked.

"Carie!" I whisper yelled. "I'm over here."

She looked over at me. "Lexi!" She began walking towards me. "What are you doing in the...oh. Hold on! Let me get a blanket." She scurried back inside.