Chapter 9

Singing will be in italics

~Enjoy~

"It started out with a kiss

How did it end up like this?

It was only a kiss

It was only a kiss

Now I'm falling asleep

And she's calling a cab

While he's having a smoke

And she's taking a drag

Now they're going to bed

And my stomach is sick

And it's all in my head

But she's touching his chest now

He takes off her dress now

Let me go

And I just can't look its killing me

And taking control

Jealousy, turning-"

I stopped my singing and dancing as I heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" I called.

Conner opens the door. "You seem happy."

"What? A girl can't be in a good mood?"

He shrugged.

I'm glad things haven't gotten awkward between us. He kind of seemed upset when he said I love you and I didn't say anything back. The truth was, I was afraid to love. After what's been happening with Brad.

"Why are you in a good mood?" he asked.

"Okay, this might sound a little mean, but Brad is gone for two days for an alpha meeting which means two whole day of being worry free!"

Conner chuckled at my excitement. "By the way, what song were you singing?"

"It's called Mr. Brightside by the Killers."

"I like your voice."

"Thanks," I said, giving him a cheeky smile.

"So what do you want to do today?"

"Well, I was rummaging through Brad's stuff and look what I found!" I held up the board game for him to see.

"Really?"

"Yup! Let's play!"

"Then let's go into me room." We began to walk down the stairs.

"I bet you five dollars I can beat you at this!"

"You're on!"

.

.

.

I could tell I was winning. I had the most money and Conner was broke. Yes, the game was monopoly. But hey, it was a classic!

Conner asked me to sing again because he liked my voice. I decided to sing the band Radiohead.

"I don't care if it hurts

I want to have control

I want a perfect body

I want a perfect soul

I want you to notice

When I'm not around

You're so fucking special

I wish I was special..."

"You are special," Conner said.

"Thanks Conner, but I don't think I am."

"You are! And beautiful and fun and-"

"No Conner! Shush! I'm none of those things! Don't tell me I'm beautiful, because I know I'm not. Or special or-"

This time it was Conner's turn to shut me up with a kiss. "You're special to me," Conner whispered against my lips.

He kissed me again. His arms wrapping around my waist. He kept coming closer to me. Suddenly, I feel him smile against my lips. I open my eyes and see him on top of the game board. Everything was messed up.

I pushed against his chest. "Conner!"

He laughed. "I guess we'll never know who won."

"You knew I was going to win but you didn't want to cough up the five dollars!"

He shrugged with a smirk on his face. I roll my eyes.

"You're so mean!" I said laughing.

"How am I mean? I just saved you from giving me five dollars!"

"More like saved yourself," I mumbled.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"Nothing." I smiled mischievously.

.

.

.

It was almost midnight.

"I should be going to sleep now," I told Conner. "But I have to say, this was a fun day."

"That rhymes!"

I roll my eyes. "Goodnight Conner." I began to walk away when he speaks.

"Wait!"

I turn around.

"Do you want to sleep in my room? I mean, uh, just sleep. Not anything, uh, else." I see a bit of blush on his cheeks.

"I don't know..."

"Well I'm pretty sure you don't want to sleep in a room where Brad... uh, left you with bad memories."

I thought about it for a moment. What could be the harm in sleeping in his room?

"Okay," I said.

I crawl into his bed and cover myself with the blankets. He did the same. His arms wrapped around my waist, bringing me closer to his bare chest. He was warm. He looked down at me with loving eyes. He kissed me gently on the lips, then on my forehead. "I love you."

Could I really be in love with Conner?...

Yes.

"I love you too."

Yes! Success! Chapter 9 is here! And Conner and Lexi are together! I wonder if Brad will find out... *evil laugh*

Hope you guys like this chapter!

Comment! Vote! And eat cookies!