Chapter 24

Hey guys! Just wanna say you should really listen to the song "Start Again". I like to think of it as Brad saying that to Lexi.

~enjoy~

I woke up in a bed. With blankets. I opened my eyes and the bright lights blinded me for a bit until I got used to it. I looked around my surroundings and saw I was in Brad's room.

I got up slowly. I felt better than I had in days. I felt my forehead and felt stitches there.

Suddenly the door opened. "You shouldn't touch those," Brad said. "Although they look like they might already need to come off today."

"Brad... What happened?"

"Well, Farbara got away. But she looked pretty injured. I'm not sure if she made it. Then I saw you on the floor, unconscious. You got me pretty worried there, Lexi. You could have died."

"...I don't care."

"Lexi, don't you fucking say that because I care!"

There was an awkward silence until I saw the gash on his arm.

"You're hurt," I said.

"Yeah, no big deal."

"But you should've been healed by now."

"I guess it's 'cause I haven't been treated yet. There's wolves with worst wounds than mine."

"Stop trying to act tough and come here," I said patting the place next to me. I looked under the bed and found a first aid kit.

"I don't think that's such a good idea..."

"Just come here." He did what I told him to and I began bandaging his arm.

A couple minutes passed. "So why aren't you talking?" I asked.

"Just trying to stay focused..." he mumbled.

I giggled. "Focus on the pain or trying to focus on not focusing on the pain."

"Whatever. That's it. I'm done." He got up.

"Hey wait a minute! I'm not!"

"Well I am."

I grabbed his wrist. "What's your problem?"

"What do you think?"

"...oh." I knew what gets was talking about. My heat.

"Yeah.."

"I felt it, i just ignored it."

"Well it's harder for me," he said through gritted teeth.

"And me holding your wrist right now isn't helping, huh?"

"Nope."

"Sorry." And I let go.

"I should go..." he said.

"Well... You don't have to... We can just hang in here and-"

He turned around. "This may be easy for you, Lexi, but this isn't easy for me!"

"I know that! I-I just don't want to be by myself right now... I just got through two deaths..." Basically three if you count my father, but I decided to bring that up later.

"I'm sorry..." He began walking out the door. "Go talk to Conner. He's not himself lately." And he walked out.

I was left, sitting on my bed.

Talk to Conner? Why would I want to talk to that asshole? But he has been acting weird lately.

I slowly got up.