~CHAPTER 2~

I looked at Charlie after they left. He looked at me, confused. I knew I had to do something. I knew something was up with Charlie. He didn't look like himself. I didn't know what it was, and I knew I needed to find out what it was, and he was going to tell me today.

"Hey Charlie? What is going on with you? You seem perplexed lately." I said. He looked at me and just shook his head and sighed.

"Knox, as your friend, I am going to say I don't know what to do about my kid anymore. But as you Beta and you being my Alpha, I don't feel my son is the best choice for the future Beta position." Charlie said.

"Alright, but can I ask you why? You need a good enough reason on why he isn't fit the position," I said.

"Well, he is already planning on rejecting his mate. Who I already know is your daughter, Nova. He sleeps with all the she-wolves in this pack, especially Sadie. He doesn't care about this pack. Plus, he hasn't been going to wolf training or beta training." Charlie said.

"How is that possible? Alpha Braxton just describes the scent of his mate from this pack and its Nova's. She is the only one with that scent." I said.

"She either has got a second chance mate or a true mate before she even knows her first." Charlie said.

"But I wanted to name Nova as my Beta so she and Easton could have run this pack together, when we both step down." Charlie said.

"That would have been ideal. Wouldn't it?" I said.

"But I have a feeling that there is going to be a problem, though. I have a feeling that Jordan will go after her once he realizes she has gotten the title instead of him. I don't know what to do, Knox. Charlie asked if he could get his help. "I can picture it happening."

"I will figure it out, Charlie. I always do. It's why I am the Alpha, remember? But you have four months to get Jordan to change. If he doesn't change, then you will name someone else as your beta." I said.

"Agreed Alpha" Charlie said.

Charlie walked out of my office and went to seek Jordan to convince him to attend his physical training and his beta training. He was going to explain the importance of training to him. Hopefully, he will listen and attend to them. If not, he will remain deprived of his title here in a few months and it will be no one's fault but his own.

CHARLIE

I just don't understand my son, Jordan. His birthday was in December, and he got his wolf. He also figured out who his mate was. It's Nova, and she is perfect for him. However, he just doesn't care; he is still planning on rejecting her on her eighteenth birthday. But he still keeps sleeping with every she-wolf in the pack. He refuses to go to any physical training or workout. Nor will he attend his beta training. He is keeping doing things to bring shame down on the pack, like getting drunk and causing scenes and shifting in human towns, leaving me and the alpha to pick up the pieces. I just don't know him like I used to.

I went to the Beta suite and saw my lovely mate in the living room reading one of her favorite mystery books. She looks up at me and she must know that something is bothering me. She puts her book down and comes over to me and hugs me, and it immediately makes me feel better.

"Charlie, what's wrong?" Nancy asked.

"Jordan doesn't care what he is doing to his mate." I said.

"He found her. Who is she? Wait? Why is he still with Sadie?" she asked me.

"Well, she is Nova. He had known since December, he doesn't care. He claims he loves Sadie. and she is his chosen. I've talked to him about it. So, have the Alpha about taking care of your fated mate. He also isn't attending his Beta training." I told her.

"WHAT?" she asked, not happy.

"That's why I've sent a letter to the Elder Council requesting to name someone else as beta when I step down. Please don't be upset with me. But our son. Is-" My mate interrupted me.

"Rather irresponsible, selfish and stupid, if you ask me. Who will you name?" She asked.

"Nova, so her and Easton can run the pack together. I mentioned it to Easton, and he was happy about it." I told her. She kissed me.

"That's a perfect idea. Now go eat your dinner, take a bath and join me in the bedroom, love." She said as she winked and walked away. Damn, that women are going to be the death of me. I went and ate, took my bath, and ate my dinner and went to the bedroom to find my sexy mate. I made love to my mate and fell asleep with her by my side. No place I would rather be.