~CHAPTER 18~

NOVA

We have been working in the pack house office this morning and into the afternoon and there is so much that I have to learn that it is overwhelming. It has shown me what I have to do and what they expected of me. I have been mink-linking Athena most of the day and it helps a little. But I just don't know if I can do this. Braxton is in the conference room with Sawyer, Rory, Leon and Jax for a meeting. I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water, when I heard two, she-wolves saying that I was pathetic and that he could do better and that the one was supposed to be Braxton's Luna before I arrived, and I was going to pay the price. At that very moment I looked at those bimbo she-wolf and I felt as I couldn't breathe, and I needed to get out of here. I left the kitchen and went outside (I could hear those she-wolves laughing) and ran into the wood. I needed to run. I couldn't do it. Before I left, I had a mink-link.

N: I am sorry Braxton, but I can't do this. I can't be your alpha-Luna. I' m not made for it. You deserve those she-wolves in the pack kitchen. They're better for you.

B: Nova, what the hell are you talking about? Where are you?

N: The woods. I needed a run. I just can't be here. I'm too overwhelmed. I'm sorry. Don't come looking for me. I'm leaving.

B: Nova, please come back and talk to me. Please. I love you. Nova- (the mink-link was cut off.)

BRAXTON

I collapsed and cried. My world was coming crashing down. The one person who I needed most wanted to leave, and I didn't understand why. I tried to reach out to her as well as Ari did, and she blocked us both. I am heartbroken.

"Braxton, what's wrong?" They all asked.

"Nova... she left. She has to be stopped. I can't sit here crying. I need to find her." I said.

"Find her. We will all help." Jax said.

"Hey Alpha and Betas, have you found Luna yet? I have found no sight nor smell of her." Jax said.

"No, I haven't, But I have to get back to the twins." Rory said.

"You all can go back to the pack house or home. I'm going to the lake to think, have mom come, I need her, I feel so helpless guys." I said.

"You got it, and you're not, and mom will meet you there." Sawyer said. He cut off the mink-link.

About fifteen minutes later, I arrived at the lake, which was mine and Nova's spot. But I used to always go there to think before I met Nova. I wish I knew where my Luna Nova was. I have tried to mind-link her, and she is blocking me. My mother put her hand on my shoulder as she approached me.

"Oh Braxton, what happened?" Athena asked.

"She said something about that she could do this, and I deserved a better Luna and I deserved those she-wolf in the pack kitchen, whoever they were. I don't know who the hell she is even talking about, mom." I said.

"You really have paid no attention to those two girls who have followed you around in the shadows for years?" Athena said. He looked confused.

"Mom, what are you talking about? The only person I ever dated was Allie, and we both agreed that we wanted to wait for our mates. She was happy that she did, and I was happy I did too. I was so thankful I waited for Nova. But who the hell are you talking about?" I asked. "She is with another Alpha from a pack in Washington."

"Madison Lane and Christi Cook." She said.

"WHAT, are you crazy, there mates with each other, mom... Well, at least I thought. But why you think it's them.?" I asked.