~CHAPTER 12~

GARRETT

I knew that contacting the Elder Council on Nova's behave was the right thing to do. Braxton knew it was, too. It was something that had to be done. I needed to contact her brother to inform on what was going on. I picked up the phone in the study and I called the number that I knew was Easton's and it rang twice before he answered.

E: Hello, this is Easton.

G: Hello Easton, it's Garrett Waylon calling.

E: Yes, I have heard of you. Your Alpha Braxton's father.

G: Yes, I am. The reason I am calling is about- (Easton interrupted.)

E: I don't really care why you are calling, Sir.

G: Easton, if you just listen to me for a second, you will care.

E: Now, why the hell would I do that?

G: Because it is about your sister Nova, Easton. That's why.

E: Nova? Is she ok? Please tell me she made it to Braxton safely.

G: Yes, Nova is safe. You knew that were mates?

E: See, my sister was underage when your son was here. Be her scent drove his wolf crazy and during the meeting, my father offered to help him in exchange for alliance. But your son politely refused. Saying he would find her on his own and fate would help him.

G: What the hell? But then why was she rejected by her mate and banished?

E: Yes, by future beta Jordan, who was not her true mate. She told our mom and me over her to tell her that the sparks were weak and there was no pull to Jordan. But the marking of another wolf and betrayal and some other events caused her wolf to hide.

G: She told my wife and that too. She feels a powerful pull and powerful sparks with Braxton; she has told Athena, my wife.

E: That's wonderful. I am glad. Why won't Nova answer her phone when I call her?

G: She might think it's your father.

E: I didn't think of that. He has been looking for her.

G: Why?

E: To apologize and explain why he did what he did.

G: What was that?

E: To protect her from Jordan, you see Beta Charlie would not give his Beta title to him when he and my father had stepped down.

G: Who was he giving it to Easton?

E: It was Nova. Charlie said if she couldn't have her Alpha title, then she could be my Beta and we could run the pack together, like she always wanted.

G: Are you willing to tell the elder council that?

E: I already have. They are looking for Nova or someone to go on her behave to come forward. I hadn't yet because I have been waiting to hear from her. She won't answer when I call her.

G: I understand where are coming from. But I am going to the council on her behalf. If I have my say, you and your sister will both have your Alpha titles, but she is staying here, Alpha Easton, with Braxton. She loves Braxton.

E: I want her safe and I just need her to give the ok and name a new Beta for me of her choice.

G: I will talk to her. And I will speak to you soon.