~CHAPTER 25~

JORDAN

Jordan heads downstairs from the Alpha Suite to the Alpha office. He is a little nervous about going to talk to Nova. But he doesn't know why. He knows he rejected her, but they have both moved on and he feels nothing for her. But he knows he needs the closure more than she does. Once he gets to the office, he knocks on the door.

"Enter" someone said. Jordan walked into the room. Both Nova and Braxton were looking at some type of paperwork on Braxton's desk.

"Warrior Jordan, what can we help you with?" Braxton asked.

"Alpha Braxton, I was wondering if I could speak with Luna Nova for a moment?" I said.

"Nova babe, that is your decision." Braxton said.

"Brax, it's fine. Can you give us a few minutes?" Nova asked.

"Of course, babe," Braxton said. He kissed her Cheech and left the room.

"So, Jordan, what can I help you with?" Nova asked.

"Nova, before you say anything, let me say this to you first." I said.

"Ok, I will hear what you have to say first, Jordan." Nova said.

"I wanted to apologize for leading you on, giving you false hope, embarrassing you the way I did when I rejected you. I shouldn't have done it like that." I said.

"Probably not, but it is the past now. Thank you for being honest and truthful with yourself, Jordan." Nova said.

"I should have done privately it." I said.

"I agree, but it's still the past. It is over and done with." Nova said.

"What do you mean, truthful to myself?" I asked her.

"You see that man who just left?" Nova asked.

"Yeah, what about him?" I asked her.

"He is my true mate, Jordan. The bond with him is extremely powerful." Nova said.

"As ours was weak, but why did I feel a pull to both you and Sadie?" I asked, and Nova laughed.

"You were my temptation, as I was yours. Braxton's my true mate. Do you feel sparks with Sadie?" Nova asked. I just looked at her and nodded yes.

"Oh My God! I never once considered that she was my true mate before. So, that is why I couldn't fight the pull I had for her?" I said.

"That is exactly it. There is something different about you, Jordan. You're not the jerk that you used to be." Nova said.

"No, after what I did to you and now with Sadie having a baby, I need to be a better man and soon to be a father." I said.

"Don't you worry about me, Jordan; I am happy and congratulations on the baby. Please tell Sadie I said that. I am happy for you both. But promise me he or she won't ever do what you did to me." Nova said.

"I will do my absolute best to promise you that. Oh, I knew my dad was going to name you Beta when he stepped down. I personally couldn't have been happier. I didn't want it. The pack needs to be run by you and Easton." I said.

"Why?" Nova asked.

"I have always wanted to be a warrior and work my way up to head warrior, so, when I transferred from Beta to Warrior, I couldn't have been happier, and Sadie remained delighted as well. As her father was the retiring head, Warrior." I said. "To be honest, I wasn't happy. But then realized that it was best for the pack. Both Sadie and I agreed. I will admit that I didn't enjoy being the Beta of the pack."