~CHAPTER 14~

GARRETT

I walked into the pack house and saw a couple of teen wolves playing video games. Looks and smells like they just finished training for the day. I got to my son Braxton's office door, I knocked, and I waited for a response.

"Enter." Braxton says. I walk into the room and close the door; Braxton looks up and sees me.

"Dad, you're back. How was your trip and the meeting?" He asked as he got up and gave me a hug before sitting back down at his desk.

"The trip was wonderful. I got to spend some quality time with both Sawyer and Rory. They got the news that they wanted to hear. So, they are on cloud nine. They are going to be looking for a bigger place to live." I said.

"Well, I won't be living in Grandma and Grandpa's house with Nova dad. She wants to stay in the cabin and has to agree to let me expand it when we have pups or build a bigger house. So, they can live there." Braxton said.

"Braxton, are you sure?" I asked him.

"Yes, dad. They want to adopt. And the house has plenty of room. Who knows, they might adopt the whole orphanage if they could?" Braxton said. We both laughed.

"Braxton, we need to talk about Nova." I said.

"Ok, what about her? Will have her Luna ceremony tomorrow day. She is the Luna of the Himalayan Pack, officially tomorrow, Dad. Is there a problem with that? I thought you and mom loved her?" Braxton said, and he was getting upset with his father.

"Oh no, it's not that. We love her and you know it." I said.

"Then what is it, dad?" Braxton asked.

"She won't be just your Luna, but an Alpha to Braxton. She is Alpha-Luna Nova Sky Daniels. The Elder Council voted and gave her the title that she deserved her title. It is her birthright, she worked hard for it deserves it. He understood her father was trying to protect her, that's what he sent her away. But not giving her the title was wrong." I said.

"So, what she is still my other half, my equal. I don't care that she is an alpha, Luna, or a plain she-wolf dad. She is Nova, my mate, and that is all that matters. What matter most is that my wolf and I love and adore her and when she is ready, I am going to ask her to marry me." Braxton said.

"That's brilliant, son. I am proud of you. I am happy that you have Nova. The two of you will lead this pack together successfully." I said.

"Dad, I wouldn't have it any other way." He said. I nodded at him and took my que to leave.

I walked into the Alpha apartment and found my mate in the kitchen, looking more beautiful than ever. I missed her, and I was so happy to be home. She was dancing to music as she was decorating cupcakes. Must be the ones for tomorrow. This woman is amazing.

"Garrett, my love, you're back." She said.

"Yes, dear I am. I hear you're helping with the Luna Ceremony for tomorrow?" I asked.

"Well, yes, I am. Is that an issue?" She asked.

"No, of course not, but it's a Luna and Alpha Female Ceremony. They are the same thing." I told her.

"Oh, My Gog Garrett! You did it! They have to give her the title. You're a hero, my love." Athena said.

"I am no hero. I just felt for her, and she needed someone to fight for her. Oh, and the boys have moved out. And into my parents' house." I said.

"Yes, I know. I'm assuming that means they approved their adoption application?" She said.

"Yes, it was. They will look at orphanages within the next few months." I said.

'That is wonderful news to hear. I missed you, my love." She said and reached up to kiss her mate.

"I missed you too." I said.

BRAXTON

My dad walks into my office and tells me that Nova is Alpha Luna Nova Sky Daniels. She was always my Luna and was my equal to this pack. He seemed like it was something that I would not be ok with. I am completely ok with it. I can't wait till the ceremony when Nova finds out. She is going to be so happy.

You should tell her beforehand. I don't know if she will like this kind of surprise Braxton. Ari, you might be right. Maybe I should tell her. Zoe has told me that Nova hates surprises. This would be one. She might not handle it well up on stage tomorrow. You're right Ari, I am going to find her. Thanks again. Anytime human.

I looked for Nova and I found her in the pack garden with some kids from the orphanage. She was reading the Beauty and the Beast. Why am I not surprised? I noticed there were two new kids here. I knew I needed to talk to Nova, but I went into the office, and I saw Sage Walker filling out paperwork.

"Sage, what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I can't do it. There is too much. Knox told me to bring them to your pack if it got to be too much. My mate left and abandoned us. I am sick Alpha, I am dying. They need a home, a family." He said.

"My brothers will adopt them; your twins are merely 1 years old. They will become a part of our family." I said. I mink-link Sawyer.

B: Hey Sawyer, Get to the Orphanage! There is a set of one-year-old twins waiting for you and Rory to pick up. There are yours. Congratulations. One boy and one girl.

S: Seriously?

B: Yes, Now Hurry! -I cut off the mink-link and turned back to Sage.

"Of course. Would you like some medical treatment?" I offered.

"No, my wolf is gone, and I am now dying of cancer." He said.

"I am so sorry. You lost your wolf because of your mate. What stage cancer?" I asked.

"Stage 4 prostate cancer. It's in the terminal stage. No cure now. Please keep my babies safe." He said he had finished signing all the paperwork and left.

SAWYER

I told Rory about what Braxton told me over the mind-link. He was just as surprised, just as I am. So, Rory and I shift into our wolves and race over to the orphanage and once we shift back into our human forms and put our clothes back on. We see Nova reading the kids a story, and we walk into the building and see my brother. We walked up to him.

"Hey what is going on, Braxton?" Rory asked. Braxton turns around, holding two adorable kids. One girl and one boy.

"This is Bella Rose and Noah Blake. They are 11 months old. Their mother abandoned them after they were born and their Father Sage Walker, his wolf, died, and he is dying of cancer. He gave them up for adoption. He wanted them to have a family." I said.

"Waylon," Rory said immediately, with no hesitation, full of love and pure happiness.

"What?" both Braxton and Sawyer said. Sawyer wasn't sure he heard his mate correctly.

"Their names are Bella Rose Waylon and Noah Blake Waylon. We will sign whatever it is we need to. Those babies are ours, Sawyer." Rory tells him.

"Well, let's do this then. Braxton, what do we do.?" Sawyer asked.

"Well, I already have the papers here. I just need you two to both signs here, here, and here. I Alpha Braxton now pronounce you two parents of Bella and Noah. The car seats for them are being put in your car. I had someone bring it over. Just take them home. Don't worry, someone will have the nursery ready by the time you get there." I said.

"Let me guess our mother?" Sawyer said.

"You know it." I said I would head outside to find Nova.

"Hey Nova, can I speak with you about something?" I asked. She had a concerned look on her face.

"Sure, is everything ok? What is it about?" She asked. "Your worrying me Braxton."

"Yes, everything is ok and there is nothing for you to be worried about." I told her.

"Okay, so what is going on?" She asked me.

" Well, about you are becoming an Alpha-Luna." I said, and she just gave me a weird look, but confused.