Part Two - Chapter Two: The second reaping.

My heart sat in the pit of my stomach as I tried to process what had just happened.

No..... no I...... I was going back.
I was being forced to go back to that hellhole of a place, where I lost so much and gained nothing.

I couldn't breathe.

I felt like the walls were closing in on me.

I could hear people around me shouting and crying but it was muffled, like I had earplugs in.

I had to get out.

I had to.

It was all so overwhelming.

And I couldn't breathe.

So I ran.

Out of the house.

I ran straight toward the beach.

Where the waves were crashing against the shore.

I needed to feel comforted.

And that was the only place I could.

And I ran.

Fast.

Until I reached the sand where I slowed a bit, but still fast walked down to the shore.

Once I got there I let out a breath that I didn't realise I had been holding.

I felt my panic calm slightly and my chest relax a bit.

And I could breathe.

*************************************************

My feet dug into the sand as I raked a hand through my hair, which was a bit more faded brown than it had been when I was thirteen, but it still remained blonde. It sort of matched the sand in a way, some parts dark, some light, where the sun shone and dyed them a bit.

I didn't know how long it had been, maybe a few minutes, maybe an hour,

But I didn't care.

I just wanted to stay there forever.

But I couldn't.

I was going back,
And there was nothing I could do about it.

Suddenly I heard a voice shout my name from behind me.

"Audrey! Oh thank god, there you are. Jesus I thought you'd ran away or something." He was muttering to himself as he came down the beach.

"Hey." He said once he had reached me.

I didn't speak. I couldn't.

"You okay?"

I shook my head in response.

"It's alright Rheya. Your gonna be okay." He sat down beside me as I shook my head again, more violent than before.

"No Finnick, I'm not. I have to go back, we have to go back!" I sighed and sniffed, blinking back tears and refusing to let them fall.

"You don't know that. I mean I know I'm gonna have to but you might not get picked." He tried to reason.

"What and let poor Mags go back into the games? Or Annie?" Finnick hung his head when I mentioned Annie's name.

"They don't deserve that, no one does. But if it's gonna be anyone it should be me. It has to be." I told him.

"You don't have to do that Audrey, Mags has already said that if you or Annie are picked, she'll volunteer."
He grimaced.