Part Two - Chapter Eight: Its time.

"Finnick Odair right?" Katniss asked.

"Yes he won his games at fourteen, second youngest ever, extremely humble..." Haymitch explained.

Katniss raised her eyebrows and scoffed,
"Your kidding?"

"Yes I'm kidding, he's a peacock, a total preener,"
Haymitch flicked his hair and flourished his hands.
"But he's the Capitol darling, they love him here. He's charming, smart and very skilled in combat, especially in water..."

Peeta chimed in, "What about weaknesses?"

"Well, basically none... apart from one..."

The screen changed to a young girl around the age of 15. She had sandy coloured hair and sea blue eyes. Her and Finnick were holding hands and Finnick was smiling at her as she looked slightly worried.

"Audrey Ledger... she volunteered for Annie Cresta.
She's the youngest ever to win the games, 13 years old in the year before you two..." He explained.

"So how old is she?" Peeta asked and Haymitch sighed.

"She's 15 so she'll be the youngest in the arena this year..." He looked slightly sad as he saw Audrey as like a daughter to him.
"I wouldn't be fooled by the way she looks and acts though. She may be sweet and innocent but I've seen her in the games, she had a partner, I think her name was Fawn, killed by one of the careers. Once she was gone there was nothing stopping Audrey from winning, and she did. Trust me, she can be deadly when she wants to."

"But why is she Finnick's weakness?" Katniss asked intrigued.

"He was her mentor in her games and they've formed a sort of... sibling bond... they'd do anything for each other..." He started but Katniss interrupted him.

She shook her head, "No... no I bet when it really comes down to it he won't protect her..."

Haymitch looked at her and raised an eyebrow, "Trust me, you do not wanna mess with either of them. You hurt Audrey, you'll find Finnick's trident sticking through you... You hurt Finnick, Audrey will sneak up on you and you'll be gone in a minute... I would recommend having both of them as your allies otherwise..." He trailed off.

Peeta sat back and sighed.

"Listen, I know Audrey, she's a lovely girl, very sweet and I can tell you now she is terrified going into these games. Imagine being the youngest by two years and going up against fully grown adults. She doesn't deserve this, none of you do, and I'd like it if you two could be her allies. Protect her and she will protect you back, she'll be loyal, I know it." Haymitch shrugged.

Katniss and Peeta looked at eachother and nodded.

*************************************************
I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror.
I had just gotten ready and now I was waiting to be called.
I didn't wanna go out there but I knew I was gonna have to eat something before the games.

I was lost in thought until I heard a knock on my door.
"Come in..." I tried to call but it wasn't very loud.

My door opened and Finnick's head appeared.
"Hey..." He smiled at me.

"Hey.." I tried to match his energy.

"You okay?" He asked worriedly.

"Mhm..." I nodded.
"Yeah no... yeah I'm fine..."

He sighed, "Oh Audrey"
He walked over and I immediately stood up as he embraced me.
I felt tears in my eyes and tried to blink them back.

"It's okay... we're gonna be okay..." He rubbed my back and held me tight.