Part Two - Chapter 10: Something in the fog.

"RUN! RUN! THE FOG.... THE FOG IS POISON!!"

I jolted awake to find myself being pulled to my feet by Finnick. I didn't know what was happening but I just started running, I stumbled slightly as I still wasn't fully conscious.

"Audrey come on!" Finnick shouted and grabbed my hand to pull me away from the fog.
I ran as fast as I could through the forest, it was still the middle of the night so I could barely see as I tried to follow Finnick as best I could.

I wasn't really keeping track of where the fog was and I took a turn because I thought Finnick went that way, he didn't and it ended up with nearly the whole right side of my body being caught in the fog.

I screamed out in pain and tried to run but fell as it was agonising and I could hardly bear it.

"Audrey!" I heard Finnick shout as he rushed to me and picked me up.

He ran with me but I was slowing him down and he got caught in the fog a few times.

We caught up with Katniss and Peeta to find her shouting,
"Help! Help I can't... I can't carry him... by myself..."
She was referring to Peeta, who was lying on the ground, barely able to move.

"Finnick... I can... I can walk... put me down."
I tried to get down out of his arms.

"Are you sure..." I cut him off.

"Just do it, I'll be fine."

He put me down and ran to Peeta, still looking back to make sure I was okay.

I nodded at him and him and Katniss hauled Peeta to his feet. We ran, as fast as we could.

But it wasn't fast enough.

We all screamed as the fog hit our backs and sent us tumbling down a hill.

I couldn't move.
I couldn't breathe.
All I felt was pain.
And then, it was black.

*************************************************

I jolted awake as my body was overcome with agonising pain. I screamed as I was submerged in water, causing the boils on my body to burn.

"Shhh, shhh I know. I know, it's okay. It'll be over soon, you'll feel better soon." I heard Finnick's voice soothing me.

Not long after, the pain was subsiding.
I felt relief.
I relaxed as the boils and the poison left my body.

"There..." Finnick helped me up, along with Katniss.
Peeta was over getting water from a nearby tree.

"You okay?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah... yeah I'm fine." I looked at him.
"Are you?"

"All good." He smiled.

Suddenly we spotted something over by Peeta.
It was a mutt.
In the form of a huge monkey.
And when I say huge, I mean it was nearly the size of me.

"Peeta, walk over here slowly..." Katniss said cautiously, trying not to aggravate them.

Peeta looked confused and took a few steps until he saw it. He was face to face with it. Seconds of silence passed.

Then it roared, baring its teeth.
Peeta quickly ran back to us as we all prepared to fight.
I got my knifes out as Finnick stood beside me, his trident ready. He stood infront of me slightly in a protective way.

The monkeys started to attack.
They came from every direction, there were more of them every second. We fought them off as hard as we could.

I looked over to see Peeta struggling with one, so I threw a knife at it which killed it. He smiled slightly at me and I nodded back.