chapter 15: triple threat

Amber and Y/N were losing patience as they waited for their third party to arrive. They had put on a movie and turned up the volume to echo throughout the empty house.

The pair sat on the couch, somehow lost in the movie when the doorbell rang. Releasing her now numb arm from behind Y/N's head, Amber walked over to open the door.

Liv stood at the door with her usual hot pink hair and heavy eye makeup with dark lipstick to finish her signature look.

The pair exchanged unenthusiastic smiles before Amber stepped aside to make room for Liv to come through. Y/N looked away from the tv to see Liv walk in, shooting her another cheeky grin.

"What up, nerds," Liv said with a smirk as she walked in, removing her bag off her shoulders and dragging it along her.

"Does Chad know you're here?" Y/N asked, waving concern as she watched the pink haired girl make her herself at home in the empty singular couch.

"Obvi, he wanted to come but I told him we had a project. I couldn't say it was cheer since football also happens and we'd always go home together after," Liv explained, leaning forward to put her weight on her elbows.

"He's like your little lapdog," Amber snorted and took her place next to Y/N, kicking her feet up on the ottoman.

"Like you aren't Y/N's," Liv scoffed, not really offended by her remark, a growing smirk on her lips.

Amber's smirk dropped.
"No, I'm not. We're partners in crime," she fired back.

She couldn't help but snicker at herself, looking over at Y/N who had looked up from her phone when overhearing the terrible pun.

Liv rolled her eyes upon realizing the joke.
"Oh my god."

"Don't act as if you're fucking innocent. You literally slept with Vince and Chad forgave you like a little bitch," Amber spat again, her tone menacing yet teasing.

"Look at that. Not even ten minutes and you two are already arguing," Y/N said, irony in her voice. She flipped her phone down to give the pair a chastising look.

"Your girlfriend started it," Liv grumbled, flaring her hand at Amber.

Raising an eyebrow at her, Y/N irritatingly asked, "Really, Liv? Really?"

"Apologize. Both of you," she demanded from the two, pointing a finger like a scolding mother. They instantly folded their arms together, frowning at each other from across the room.

"Now."

But even with her raised tone, the two didn't budge.

Y/N sighed, not expecting the other to utter a word. She felt like Sam in that instance where Amber and Wes were about to bicker again.

Shuddering at the thought of the dead boy, she got up to go to her room to get her laptop. It had only been a few minutes that passed. Upon her return, Liv had a mischievous grin on her face.

"Okay, Y/N..Don't be mad," Liv said with a warning tone, trying to ease her suggestion.

Her and Amber were no longer at wits end with each other as if she wasn't going to break Liv's jaw then and there a few minutes ago.

"Why would I be mad? What did you do?" Y/N asked suspiciously, laying the laptop down on the table. She typed her password in, waiting for Liv to continue.

"I have this friend. She goes to my old school. She said she's going to be transferring here in a few weeks and she wants in.."

The typing stopped abruptly, her gaze switching over from her screen. Y/N's attention was fully tuned into Liv.