School

VERITY'S POV
~_______~_______~

I was sitting down on my bed, once again getting lost in my thoughts when there was a light knocking on my door. I said nothing, so the person outside my room came in.

"Verity?" Andreas sweet voice carried through the room.

I looked up at her, still silent.

"Verity, sweetheart. I want you to know that despite the fact I have not seen you for 13 years, I love you so much. You are my daughter, and a mothers love towards her daughter is a love that cannot be broken."

But a daughters love to a mother sure as hell can, I thought.

I wanted to forgive them so badly. I did. They were treating me so well- well, most of them. But they haven't apologized. We haven't even talked about it, at all. If they apologized, sincerely, without me hinting to them to apologize or telling them to, I would've forgave. Now I'm not too sure.

"Im always here for you Verity. I don't know what happened to you, to cause you to be so quiet and closed off. I thought you seemed okay the night you came. But now.. I don't know. I'm here, when you are ready. Ready to talk to me." I looked into her emerald eyes, and nodded slowly.

She smiled weakly at me, and pulled me into a hug that caused me to stiffen. I pulled away slowly and gently. I hadn't been hugged since Valentino hugged me, and even that had me scared shitless.
She frowned for a moment but covered it up, and smiled. She walked out my room without another word and no doubt would be telling my family about it.

I sighed and went back to my own world in my mind when a pair of grey eyes interrupted me. I groaned and buried my face into my pillow. The man, the man with grey eyes had been invading my thoughts everyday. Out of nowhere, his grey eyes would just pop up into my mind and it honestly was really starting to annoy me.

"VERITY! DINNER!" Yelled a voice from downstairs. I got up from my bed and shuffled down, taking my spot next to Matteo. He didn't even glance at me. Rude. Valentino, however, gave me a wide smile that caused everybody at the table to look shocked. What? He smiled? It's not that big of a deal..

As the food was being set out, my father was staring intently at me. Somebody has a staring problem, I thought.

"So, Verity. You will be starting school- tomorrow. I also wanted to warn you, tomorrow family is coming to visit. They'll be here around 4:00, so well after you get out of school," he said, and I nodded. "The thing is, Verity, they do not know about you yet. I don't plan on telling them until tomorrow, when you come home from school. I'm sure they'll have quite a shock, since we all thought you've been dead the past 13 years."

Wait, hold up.

Dead?

Id ask about it later, now was not the time. I had to meet my entire fucking family, piling up on going to a whole new school in a new fucking country. Fun!... not.

I nodded my head again, and went back to poking at my food, taking little bites here and then. I was finally full, but had only ate 2/4 of my food.

I glanced at Valentino's plate, which was empty and looked up at him with puppy eyes. He sighed and nodded, and I quickly put my food onto his plate when nobody was looking.