Apologies

VERITY'S POV
~_______~_______~

It's been a day since Francesco and I's argument. I felt horrible, I really did. Since then, the only people who had come to visit me were Andrea, Leonardo, Emilio, Valentino, and Lorenzo.

Valentino talked to me for hours. I told him everything that I said wasn't directed at him, as he was nothing but kind and caring towards me. Emilio and I talked a bit, but nothing about the argument. Lorenzo and Leonardo sort of lingered around the room, and Andrea apologized over and over for who knows what. I didn't say anything to her but she kept trying to get me to talk about the argument until Valentino told her to drop it.

I was now changed into a blue sweater and grey sweatpants, my hair into a high ponytail with some strands hanging out. I finally got to leave the hospital. Dad (Mikael) offered to pick me up but I said no, I didn't want more drama between my two "families".

Speaking of that, I kept being questioned about Mikael, Alexei and Andrei and why they were here, and who they were. I just told everybody it was none of their business. I knew that they knew who Mikael, Alexei, and Andrei was but they didn't know that I knew. They don't know I knew about the Italian mafia or the Russian mafia; and I'd like to keep it that way.

I walked out the hospital, Valentino by my side. We walked towards a black SUV parked outside, and we both got into the backseat. There was a driver, Andrea was next to me, Lorenzo and Leonardo were sitting further back. It was silent the entire ride home, but I could feel everybody either staring holes into my head or glancing at me every now and then.

When we finally arrived home, I ran into my room and closed the door, sighing. The next couple of weeks were going to be tough.

I sat on the floor, thinking. I was in my own world, thinking about everything that has happened to me. John, my biologicals, the hospital, Matteo, Francesco, and grey eyes.

Wait, what?

The boy with grey eyes. He kept popping up in my mind. I didn't even know him, but he was just constantly showing up in my mind. It was as if he was haunting me or some shit.

There was a gentle knock on my door. "Verity?", Valentino said, "It's time for dinner. Come, I'll go down with you."

I sighed and looked at the time. 8:00pm?!! Holy fuck, how long was I just sitting here? I got up and opened the door, fixing my hair and nodding at Valentino. He offered me a warm smile, to which I half-heartedly returned.

We walked down to the dining room, and I hadn't realized I was holding on to Valentino's hand until he let go. He opened the door and everybody's eyes fell on us, except for Francesco. He was simply just looking at his food with a hard stare. Damn, what did the food do to you?

I sat down in one of the empty seats, and looked around. Everybody was still staring. Jeez Louise, what does it take to get some privacy so I can eat my food here?

Seating:

         Francesco
    Emilio  -  Enzo
Leonardo - Lorenzo
    Matteo  -  Verity
Valentino  -  Andrea
       (Empty seat)

I was right across from Matteo, who I hadn't seen for a while. He looked up at me and smiled, something I didn't expect and it caught me off guard. He practically hated me a few days ago, now he was sitting across from me and smiling.