Butterfly

VERITY'S POV
~_______~_______~

Another two days passed since Francesco and I's argument. Matteo and I have gotten closer and me and Valentino have been hanging out a lot more lately.

I've decided I'd talk to Francesco today. I just don't know what to say. 'Hey I'm sorry for saying you're not my dad and I practically hate you.' Sounds a bit heartless.

Valentino told me to just explain how I feel calmly, then flip him the bird and walk out, and Matteo told me to death glare him until he apologized to me.

If you can't tell, neither of them are much help. So I've decided to go to the most responsible person I know: Enzo.

Me and Enzo aren't close. Like, at all. I barely talk to him. He wasn't there the night that I yelled at da- Francesco-, so I thought it would be better getting advice from him because he's the oldest, most responsible, and has an outsiders point of view since he wasn't there and didn't see what went down.

I stood outside his bedroom door, hesitating before knocking once. Pause. Twice. Pause. Three times.

"Come in."

I took a deep breath before entering the room, and his room honestly caught me off guard.

I thought it would be plain and boring, like him, but it was.. colorful. Like, not in a crazy way, it still was very dark and gloomy, and boring, but there was color. In an artistic way. There was painting lining the dark grey walls, the same walls that had random marks of paint on them- the bed had white sheets that also seemed to be stained with some paint; and when I looked at Enzo, I almost laughed hysterically.

There he sat, the big bad soon-to-be Italian mafia don, sitting on a stool with an apron on, holding a brush in one hand and a painting palette in the other, sitting across from a canvas, and having paint all over his face.

"Hey Verity. Why are you looking at me like that, do I have something on my face?" He frowned.

Finally, I burst out laughing. I was laughing so hard my ribs started to hurt. I pointed at him - "Y-you-" I couldn't finish my sentence before Valentino came rushing in, looking from me to Enzo and back to me, and we both started to laugh hysterically.

By the time we were done, me and Valentino were clutching our ribs and Enzo was looking at us - and get this- pouting. This grown ass Italian mafia man motherfucker was pouting.

I don't know wether to cringe, find it cute, or be disturbed. Actually, I'm very disturbed. It's not cute at all.

"Hell to the no. I'm out of here, cause there's no way I just saw that. Crazy." Valentino mumbled, absolutely horrified from his brothers actions.

I chuckled at his antics as he ran out, and I closed the door behind him.

"Rude. Anyways, what did you want Verity?" Enzo asked, eyebrows raised.

"Why would you assume I want something? What if I just want to spend time with my lovely older brother?"

"Because you don't talk to me. You're acting very nice right now and you even smiled, no, laughed. I think this is the most I've ever heard you talk, actually."

My mouth dropped. This dude was a psychic.

"Uhm, yea, you're right.. I'm, well, I need help. On like, how to talk to Francesco.. like, how do I apologize?"

He sighed. "Verity, when you apologize to somebody, you really have to mean it. Are you apologizing for what you said because you're truly sorry, or are you apologizing because you don't want him to stay mad at you?"

I thought about it for a moment. "I'm apologizing because I feel sorry that he is mad at me. I regret what I said, but not to the point that I would apologize for it because I said nothing but the truth. Well, mostly the truth, some of it was out of anger."

Enzo sighed again before saying, "Then you should tell him that. Tell him how you feel. Communicate. Dad has a bit of a temper. He sees you as his daughter, his family, he's just being stubborn. He acts more of a child than Lorenzo does sometimes. He's not really mad at you, he just is hurt."

"I don't know how to communicate, Enzo. What do I say?"

"Say the first thing that comes to mind. Well, scratch that, think about it before you say it- whatever, you know what I mean."

I nodded my head, "Thank you, Zo. I mean it." His face lit up at the nickname and I nearly cringed at myself.

What's up with me, first I give hugs and shit, start talking a lot, and now I'm giving nicknames out to my brothers? Fucking hell.

"Alrighty then. Get out of my room and go apologize, now." He grumbled, going back to his painting which I now saw was a butterfly, flying around freely in a large flowery field.

Pretty.

I wish I was that butterfly. To be free, to go anywhere you want to. To be without worries and do as you please.

I exited Enzo's room after rolling my eyes at him, then walked through the hallways to Francesco's office. I stood before the two tall wooden doors, my hand hovering over the doorknob. I realized I probably shouldn't just barge in, so I curled my hand up into a fist and gently knocked.

"Come in." Said the voice of Francesco, it sounded sad, dark, and empty all at the same time. And also kind of..slurred?

I took a deep breath before opening the door, and gasping at the sight in front of me.
__________________________________
Word count: 949

This was a short chapter but

CLIFFHANGER😱😱

jk the next chapters already posted😭
What do you guys think so far? I know my last two chapters have been a bit off but I'm just caught up in my studies since it's nearing the end of the year and I have finals. BUT IM STILL WORKING ON THIS STORY AS MUCH AS I CAN!! My updates may be a bit slower but i promise im trying ya'll 😭😭

Also this story got added to a reading list the other day that's just named "good trash" and I don't even know what that means 💀 IS IT GOOD OR BAD??

Anyways, stay hydrated lovelies. Make sure to vote and comment, lmk any ideas you have or your opinions. I love you all<3.

ALSO THE OTHER DAY I GOT #2 IN mafia princess OH MY GOD!??? I HAVE A SS TO PROVE IT CZ ITS GONE TDY BUT IM SO HAPPY KJSSJJS