Note

Flashback:

I exited Enzo's room after rolling my eyes at him, then walked through the hallways to Francesco's office. I stood before the two tall wooden doors, my hand hovering over the doorknob. I realized I probably shouldn't just barge in, so I curled my hand up into a fist and gently knocked.

"Come in." Said the voice of Francesco, it sounded sad, dark, and empty all at the same time. And also kind of... slurred?

I took a deep breath before opening the door, and gasping at the sight in front of me.
__________________________________

VERITY'S POV
~_______~_______~

Francesco's office had bottles and papers scattered everywhere. He was sitting at his desk, clearly drunk, with a bottle in his hand and slouching in his chair.

What the fuck.

"Oh- heyyy daughterr. Or not daughter. I don't know anymore." He muttered, slurring his words together. I shook my head and closed the door behind me, making sure to lock it before making way to Francesco.

I took the bottle out of his hand and went to the bathroom attached to his office, pouring out the contents into the sink. I then rummaged through the cupboards and got two Advils.

"I don't feel so good." I heard him mumble, so I ran and put his arm around me, leading him to the toilet where he threw up.

Nasty. I've always hated puke, so I looked away and plugged my ears until I was sure he was done.

I sighed at the state of him and helped him lay down on the couch in his office, throwing a blanket over him and setting a pillow under his head. As soon as his head hit the pillow, he looked up at me.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry. I love you. You're my daughter. I don't want you to hate me." He mumbled, tearing up.

"It's okay. Im sorry too." I sighed. I looked down at him and he was already fast asleep. I sighed once again and put a glass of water on the table next to the couch, as well as the two Advils on top of a napkin. I wrote a note,

Hi, Francesco.

I came to talk to you but you were wasted. So, here you go because I know you're going to have a horrible hangover. Come to my room when you're ready, I still need to apologize for my actions properly, not when you're drunk and won't even remember anything.

-Verity.

I propped up the note against the glass of water and looked back at his office. It was an absolute mess. I sighed and started to clean up, I wasn't a complete asshole.

I looked back at Francesco, who was fast asleep. Why was I doing this?

I didn't care. So why did I do this? Out of pity?

I just felt bad for what I said. That's all. It's not like I see him as my father. Mikael is my dad, and always will be.

He stirred around in his sleep, mumbling something incoherently. He looked so tired. Like, restless. As if he hadn't slept in a few days. Thinking about it, his eyes were red and puffy.

Was this man, my father by blood, the don of the Italian mafia, crying? It's not unusual for anybody to cry, but for some reason, I couldn't imagine it, not him.

I sighed and realized how long I've been standing here. I walked out the office, closing the door behind me, and went to my room.

I did some schoolwork that I needed to catch up on and chose my outfit out for tomorrow, since I'd be going back to school.

It was a grey skirt with a oversized blue sweater with some long-ish socks and some neutral new balance shoes. I never really wore skirts, but I wanted to be extra tomorrow so whatever.

I looked at the time and realized it was already 4:00AM.

What

The

Fuck.

I groaned and decided to take a shower so I can pass some times. It was an everything shower, so I shaved, washed my body with some scented body wash, washed my hair, and even put a hair mask on which I had to wait for it to set in for 15 minutes before I can rinse it out. When I got out, I did scalp treatment and some hair oil so my hair was extra soft. I looked at the time-

4:50A.M.

Damn. Almost an hour. I quickly got my outfit on and went downstairs, and nobody was awake yet. I made some chocolate chip pancakes and waited for a long time before my brothers finally started coming downstairs.

Lorenzo gave me a tired smile. Leonardo just slightly nodded his head at me. Matteo ruffled my hair as he walked by and Valentino gave me a slight peck on my forehead before I could complain.

Me, Lorenzo, and Leonardo haven't talked about what happened at the hospital. I haven't talked to Andrea or Emilio about it either. Actually, the two of them were ignoring me entirely. Or, trying to. Lorenzo and Leonardo were just acting like it didn't happen, which I sort of appreciated.

After they ate their breakfast, it was time to go.

-

When we arrived to school, I wasn't even in the building before I got tackled- I looked to see it was Lilli, with Angel and Mark behind her, amused expressions on their face. I actually completely forget about them, not gonna lie.

"Where have you BEEN?! You had me worried SICK!" Lilli screamed at my face.

I smiled at her wearily, my entire body tense due to the overwhelming amount of physical contact right now. Angel seemed to notice this and gave me a questioning look, but pulled Lilli off me gently nonetheless.

"Sorry, I was sick." I muttered.

The three of them were gaping at me. "That's the first I've heard you talk. You should talk more, your voice, it's pretty. But I'm glad you're okay now." Mark said and the others nodded in agreement.

I smiled sheepishly, knowing my face was probably as red as a tomato as we stepped into the school building. Today, I felt pretty happy, despite last night's events.

Little did I know the smile on my face would be wiped off quickly.
__________________________________
Word count: 1044

I HAVE THE WORSR WRITERS BLOCKKK RNNNN😞😞

Crazy man

But vote and comment lovelies!!<3 if you have ideas please oh my god PLEASE COMMENT THEM I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO WRITE AB 😞