Distraught

ENZO'S POV
~_______~_______~

I walked down to the dining room for lunch in a suit, ready to go out for a meeting with my younger brother. As I sat down with my family I took note Verity wasn't there.

Everything was going well. I guess. I don't know what happened. I was starting to grow close to her.. but I suppose I just fucked up again.

I was never good at showing emotions. I had to keep my siblings in check, being the eldest.

We talked and laughed, smiles all fake as our eyes looked tired. Even mom, who's usually perky and happy, looked defeated and exhausted.

Dad suddenly had a stoic expression on his face. "We need to talk."

I raised an eyebrow. "What about?"

"Verity."

I sighed.

"Dad, she needs space. We wronged her and it's hard to admit but... we've never exactly been there for her like we should have."

"She's family. She needs to adjust," he snarled.

"Dad, she's a child." I reminded him, a warning undertone to my statement. It was unlike me to defy my dad, but in this case he needed to understand — no matter how much he missed his  daughter, she had too much pressure on her right now and these outbursts of hers are just small parts of what she feels. It goes beyond that, it was obvious. Just from staring into her eyes.

The door opened suddenly and all our eyes snapped to the intruder.

Speak of the devil.

Verity walked in, holding a half-empty plate of food. She avoided us all as she walked into the kitchen, her stance slouched and her face tired. She looked out of it.

"Verity, are you okay?" I asked tentatively.

She avoided me and placed her plate in the sink, the food still on it, and turned to us — just staring. She had large eye bags and her cheeks looked more sunken in than usual, her lips unusually dry and her eyes just..void. Of everything. No emotion in them.

"Sweetheart?" Mom said.

"Uh.. dad? I think something's wrong with her, Matteo said with a raised eyebrow

"Ver?" Valentino said, moving to get up but dad beat him to it.

Dad walked up to Verity, repeatedly asking her what's wrong as he waved his hand in her face, shaking her shoulders. Suddenly, her face went more blank than before if it was possible. As if she completely disassociated from the world.

Suddenly, she collapsed on her knees and stayed there for a second before her eyes shut, her head hitting the floor.

Her body turned and she lay on her back, and her suddenly started shaking violently.

"WHAT THE FUCK? DAD — DO SOMETHING —" I yelled, all of us standing up and surrounding her frantically.

"She's- I- I can't do anything, she's seizing — we need to wait or we'll make it worse —" he stuttered, seemingly shocked.

"SHE'LL HURT HERSELF—" Matteo screeched, looking ready to pounce and grab her.

"Dads right. We need to wait a few minutes and if she continues to seize.. we need to call for help. Nonetheless she needs medical attention," Emilio said, all too calmly yet he was clearly distraught. He wanted to be a doctor, and he does some medical stuff so he knows his share of stuff.

We all stared worriedly for at least another few minutes — which felt like hours, until she finally stopped seizing. I scooped her in my arms right away, running outside with my family trailing right behind, setting her in the fastest car with a backseat. Emilio sat next to me in the front and Valentino held her head in the back, Matteo holding her feet and legs on his lap.

The twins, mom, and dad took a separate car as we speeded off to the nearest hospital we owned.

I scooped her motionless body up in my arms again as I yelled for help, running into the hospital.

"Get her help.. NOW! SOMEBODY!" I yelled at all the doctors, who dropped what they were doing and brought a stretcher over. They placed something over her mouth and wheeled her away, some doctors shouting and others running to get supplies.

We were about to go with her but a doctor stopped us.

"I'm sorry but you'll need to wait here." He said calmly, clipboard in one hand while the other was held out to stop us.

"No — that's my daughter right there, you need to let us in!" Mom screeched, tears running down her face and dad pulled her into his embrace, rubbing her back as he held back his own tears.

"Im sorry but you aren't permitted to unless you are a medical professional working at this institute. Now, if you could please explain what happened to the best extent you can, so we can find a way to help." The doctor said calmly.

"She — she fell, fell over, uhm, she — she just fell, and started seizing-" Leonardo choked out, sobbing. His twin started sobbing too and Matteo sighed shakily and pulled them to the chairs, hugging them close.

Emilio looked distraught as the doctor wrote something on his clipboard and stalked away. Mom and dad sat in a chair and I was about to sit when I saw that Emilio stayed standing, silent tears running down his cheeks.

I tilted my head and sighed, pulling him to the chair next to me.

"It'll be okay. She'll be okay." I whispered, allowing him to cry in my shoulder.. letting a few tears slip out, myself.

Yet I didn't know if I believed my own words.

She'll be okay, right?

She'll be okay.

It'll be okay.

Everything will be okay.

She will be fine.

She won't die.

If she isn't okay then I'll fucking kill her.

She can't die.
__________________________________
Word Count: 947

Unedited chapter so like avoid the mistakes and stuff

Cliffhanger for you all bcz I'm so nice !! 😜

lol.

Anyways

STAY HYDRATED, EAT SOMETHING, ILY ALL LOVELIES AND DONT VE SILENT READERS!!

VOTE AND COMMENT OR ILL EAT YOUR DOG 🫶