Bitchney

VERITY'S POV
~_______~_______~

It was finally lunchtime. The day had gone by slow as hell. I started to text my old friends , who I completely forgot about for a day or two - Derek and Miya. I actually haven't talked to them since the first day I came here, when they called me and stuff.

We texted the entire class, and I told them everything. By that, I mean everything. I mean Grey eye Dude, my brothers, the hospital, arguments, they know every single detail from start to finish.

I also found out they would be moving to Italy next week. I protested, I didn't want them to change their entire lifestyle for me but they shut me up and said they needed to come for a mission anyways.

Derek and Miya weren't involved directly in the mafia, but they were assassins. I actually used to be one, I was the best assassin in the world. People called me 'Heaven'. I don't even know why, I'm ending up in hell anyways.

Dad (Mikael) didn't like the fact that I was involved with that stuff. So, I went AWOL a few months ago after he finally convinced me. Heaven just disappeared, off the face of the planet. I'm not gonna lie, I missed it a shit ton.

Derek and Miya continued though. Occasionally I helped them with missions that were difficult, but they didn't need it much. They were also well known- Derek was Ares and Miya was Jewel. I don't know where they got those names, don't ask me.

Anyways, as I entered the lunch room, I scanned the room. My eyes set on a table where Angel, Lilli, and Mark were sitting. Angel waved me over so I happily obliged.

"Hey guys." I said as I sat down. I've started to talk a lot more at school, I've noticed. I'm getting comfortable with them, which scares me almost but whatever.

I noticed Lilli was laughing hysterically about something and Mark was glaring at her.

I raised a questioning brow to Angel, who was stifling a laugh.

"Mark- HAH- Mark was shipped with your brother, Lorenzo- in front of the entire class- it was so funny!" Lilli choked out.

Mark's face was as red as a tomato. "Shut up." He whined, burying his face in his hands.

"Hey, I can kind of see it happening." I laughed.

"Actually.. You should set them up." Angel smirked mischievously.

Mark perked up at this. He had a disapproving look on his face, but his eyes held hope and he didn't deny the idea.

"Maybe later this week. Me and most of my family aren't on good terms- well, I don't really know." I frowned. Lorenzo and his twin, plus mom have been avoiding me constantly.

"Are you okay?" Lilli asked worriedly. I nodded slightly.

I suddenly felt someone's gaze on me. I looked around the cafeteria until my eyes landed on some particular grey ones. When we held eye contact, he didn't look away until I tore my eyes away.

"What was that?" Lilly asked smugly.

"What?"

"That little stare-down with Nicolas friggin Ricci! And not to mention you sat in his seat yesterday, and he didn't say anything!!"