Ch 5-Escape?- Normality 2 / Motive

Silence.

Thats all there was.

But I mean, what else would you expect after catching somebody trying to kill themselves.

I adjusted myself while sitting in the chair. It was akward to say the least.

To my left was Pencil. She seemed worried.

To my right was David.

And infront of us was TennisBall. We had been trying to question him on why he did it. But of course, he seemed to embarrassed to answer.

"Ugh, Im like, going to get a drink." Pencil groaned, abruptly standing up and walking out of the room.

David turned to look at me through the side of his eye. I frowned as I knew what he was going to do.

"Eraser, why dont you try to talk to him."David suggested.

Before I could decline his offer, he got up and quickly left the room. Leaving em and Tennisball both sitting there nervously.

"Why?"

TennisBall looked up, surprised at my sudden speech. He then looked back down, staying silent.

"I just...dont understand Tennisball. You...you were one of the few hopeful ones we had left. You would always believe in everyone and would always encourage us to fight through our pain. I just dont see why you of all people would do this." I put my face in my hands.

"Was it Leafy? Did she set you up to this?" I asked. Tennisball shook his head.

"I just...I didnt..." Tennisball stumbled on his words.

"Maybe Golfball was right."

I stood up, knocking my chair over with a loud crash. I stomped over to TennisBall and smacked him across his face.

"Fuck Golfball." I yelled. "Tb, this is YOUR life! You make your own drcisions! Just because Golfball tels you to feel a type of way it doesn't mean yoh have to. You may be close friends with her, but you have to know when to let go! Believe me. Letting go to the toxic people in your life will only better you." I smiled.

"When I finally let go of Blocky after his death, I realized how bad of a friend and person he was. It was hard, but I knew it had to be done to better MYSELF!"

TennisBall teared up and went in for a hug.

"Youre right. I dont need to live for her, I need to live for Myself."

"Thats it!" I smiled as I helped him up.

As he wiped the tears from his eyes, we had went to leave his room. When somebody stopped us.

It was Golfball. She looked a mess. Bloodshot baggy eyes, Lab equipment all over her. Chemicals it seemed like spilled on her.

But most surprising of all, she looked sympathetic.

"Look Tennisball. Im not here to beg for forgiveness. I just want to apologize. I have been busy with something important over the last few days and- I just needed space."

"Space huh. I- I think we both need space....to better ourselves, dont ya think." Tennisball smiled.

Golfball look surprised at first, but then genuinely smiled. "Heh, hearing you say something so mature is always a pleasure. Are we...still?"