Chapter 6 - Endgame - Normality

Nothingness

As I sat at a table in the cafeteria, eating a bowl of oatmeal. I felt myself gag.

I covered mg mouth, trying to hold it in, but I couldnt.

My body stood and forced me to run to the bathroom and throw my guts up.

I looked at myself in the mirror in absolute disgust. I felt dirty.

As I looked at myself in the eyes....the sparkle that once was there had completely disappeared. Dark bags were under both eyes, which had looked blood shot red.

Escape...

Will we ever truly escape?

Even if we somehow beat this game....we would never truly be free.

Weve been through so much that even when reuniting with the outside world...we would never truly be the same again,inside and out.

I held up my mangled hand infront of me and winced in pain.

It never had gone numb...but I had gotten used to it.

I sighed as I went to the cafeteria to throw away my food and decided to go check up on the group.

As I passed the gym, i raised a eyebrow as I noticed Flower and Ruby in there, with a box of stuff.

I walked in and realized a hunch of name-cards scattered around the floor.

As I picked one up, I realized what they were doing.

"Makeshift graves, huh?" I sighed in despair.

Ruby nodded as a plastered a obviously forced smile on her face.

"We just...thought that even if they had killed someone or not...everyone deserved something like a gravestone atleast." Flower sadly explained.

My mood had lowered even further. I left them without saying goodbye.

As I passed the game room, I heard quiet sobs. I peaked in just to see Pencil comforting Coiny.

I sympathized with them both. They had truly lost more then anyone else in the game.

I decided to check up on Golfball in the lab. Ever since the last case, she had promised to always keep the lab open for anybody to check on her just incase.

I found Woody and Td sitting in silence in a lounge sort area. I waved to them as I continued onwards.

Finally I reached the Lab, and shockingly I saw Gb standing at a table, but she seemed to be asleep.

"Knock knock Ms. Scientist." I joked as I entered the room.

She shot awake and shook her head. "Er...Hello Eraser. Is there anything you needed? Perhaps medicine for your wound?" She asked.

I thought for a second but then nodded. "Maybe a pain killer or two would be nice, thank you."

She only nodded as she instructed me to go into a cabinet and open a odd red colored pill bottle.