Ch 5 Trial - The Pain of Frost

"Welcome to our 5th class trial everyone!" Two smiled as he clapped his hands like a toddler as he sat on his throne.

I tightend my fist. It was uncanny. No matter how many times we came back to this same place, it felt as I never really got used to it.

"Where do we even begin..." Pencil blurted out.

Coiny sighed. "Where we always have. The cause of death."

"Well, the file stated that she died from the axe being thrashed into her skull."  I said as I scrolled through the file, I noticed something that had peaked my interest earlier.

"Even though we have the cause of death, I want to talk about something." I spoke.

Tb cleared his throat. "You must be talking about the injuries she had."

"Injuries?" Woody raised his eyebrows.

Tb nodded. "Other then the axe would, Leafy had many bruises all over. She also had blood coming from out of her mouth."

"What does that mean though?" Teardrop spoke from her device.

"It means that Leafy also definitely got into a physical altercation before dying." Golfball explianed.

"Fuck that." Snowball spoke out of turn.

He slammed his fist onto his podium in anger, causing us all to jump.

"David....WHY!?" Snowball screamed.

David stood silent, keeping his eyes peeled to the ground.

Flower bit her lip as she spoke up. "David...after everything weve been through....after everything YOUVE been through....why?" She began to hold back her tears.

"David, I havent known you for long but I know you couldnt have done this...your better then this! Please just tell us the truth. What happened!" Ruby pleaded.

For the first time in the entire trial, David looked up. 

"I....killed Leafy. I murdered her." He spoke, he sounded like he was holding back tears.

Everyone fell silent.

"I dont buy it." Golfball blurted out.

We all turned to her in surprise.

"What? Were this far into this "game". I think out of everyone, DAVID especially would know how to atleast try to cover up his crime." Golfball sighed. "Plus, another piece of evidence leads me to suspect theres more then seems to the case.l

"What more do you want from me...?" David sighed.

"Hm, how about you explain who was the first person to discover the body?" Golfball smiled as she challenges David.

David looked to the side, like he was deep in thought.

"Thats right...on the file, it says that me and Snowball were the second and third discoverers. We know nothing about  the first." I smiled. Finally we had a lead.

"I believe that until we find out who the first discoverer is, we cannot plausibly rule David as the killer." Golfball finished.