Chapter 6 - Endgame - Investigation

I covered my mouth in disgust. What the hell had happened...

"W-what the fuck!?" I yelled.

"But we just- we were just going see her last night..." David muttered.

" So much is going on..." I held my head, a sudden migraine hit me.

"Do you smell that David?" I asked.

David shook his head. "Smell what?"

I walked towards Golfballs body on the ground while covering my mouth.

She was quite obviously bleeding out of both her eyes...but it was odd how there was no real external wounds you be found.

"What is this purple stuff all over the ground?" David asked, examining a purple liquid on the floor. It was everywhere.

"Oh shit...!" I shouted, quickly backing up into david.

The liquid on the ground was producing some sort of vapor. It had to be the one making me nauseous.

"The warehouse has gas masks I think...Ill go grab as many as I can." David said as he ran off."

I crouched down, recovering from the effects of the liquid. As I looked up I locked eyes with Two, who had just appeared out of nowhere.

He looked disturbed. Confused even. His eyes narrowed at the scene. He stood directly outside of the room, like he was hesitant to go in.

"What are you doing dude..." I grunted.

Two quickly blinked his eyes to look down at me. He then closed them with a sigh.

"Sometimes...even I question what is going on in this place." He said.

My eyebrows raised.

"Youd think as the host of this 'game' id be all knowing...the most powerful. But more and more I feel as if Im just a tool in a bigger scheme." Two explained.

"What do you want to do." I blankly said.

Twos eyes widened at me.

"You control your own life. Why should the once biggest threat to civilization let himself be used and controlled by someone else?"

Two suddenly had a nervous expression on his face.

"H-hes about to start watching again...after he fixes this fume situation." Two sighed.

"Who!?" I shouted.

Two rushed to cover my mouth as he moved his eyes over to a camera in the corner. It wasnt on, hence the light on it being red.

"I want to help you, I really do." Two whispered in my ear.

"But I wont let myself be trapped here any longer...survive and you will learn my truth."

The light on the camera turned green, and Twos gloomy expression turned into his usual uncanny but cheery one.

"And just like that, you may start investigating once again!" Two smiled. "Ill be on my way." Two began to whistle as he began to use his powers to make a portal.  It was the first time he showed anyone how exactly he used his powers. He gave me once last sincere look of guilt before smiling and walking into his portal.

I heard footsteps approaching me from behind. As I turned, I found everyone who hadnt been trapped on the top floor.

"I found gas masks! And gathered the others." David said, without an ounce of exhaustion in his breath.