Chapter 21

Simon's POV:

"Did you hear? That gay kid got done in. Weller got to him in the bathrooms. Apparently, he didn't even fight back." Somebody laughed.

My heart stopped, and I felt all the blood rushing to my head, my face tingling. Please, please, tell me it wasn't him.

"Josh is such a fucking pussy bro." Somebody else snickered.

I stood up quietly, my body now autopilot.

I left the room without saying anything, texting Josh as I walked.

---

Minty: Where is he? Where are you?

Zerk: I'm in the medical room, please don't come here, I don't want you to see me like this

Minty: Where is he??

Zerk: Please
Zerk: How did you even know it was me

Minty: Where. Is. He.

Zerk: Running field

---

"Hey! Weller!" I yelled, marching straight through the middle of the race, stopping in front of him.

"What?" He snarled, approaching me.

The second he was within reach, I slammed my fist into his jaw. I grabbed him by the shoulders, pulling him down and driving my knee into his stomach.

He doubled over, violently spluttering.

I kneed him once more in the face, blood pouring from his nose and mouth. He dropped to the ground, holding his stomach with one hand, his bloody nose with the other.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He exploded.

"You piece of shit, you know what you did." I hissed. "Come on, you're gonna need to see a nurse."

Everybody on the track had stopped to watch, but nobody intervened.

I dragged him by the collar to the medical room. I threw him through the door onto the empty sofa, breathing heavily.

"He needs to be in here more than you do, Josh." I laughed darkly, grinning at Weller. "Let's get you back to my house."

Josh looked at me, stunned. He looked back at Weller, who was currently a mess, and back to me, eyes wide.

"Okay." He said quietly.