Chapter 25

Simon's POV:

Josh and I were walking back together. We were only a couple of roads away from each other so we could walk together for most of it.

"Hey!" A voice shouted from behind me.

I turned around, faced with Weller, and three of the other guys from the team. Ones who I didn't get on with.

I saw Josh freeze out of the corner of my eye.

"I'll handle this." I whispered to him. He nodded nervously.

I took a step forward towards them, hands in my pockets.

"Hey Weller, you might want to take it easy. I know I clocked you pretty good the other day and kneed you in the stomach and your face. You've gotta be in a lot of pain." I said with evidently sarcastic sympathy.

"You asshole." He sneered.

"If you think I'm scared just because you're with your friends, you're even more of a pussy than I thought. Do you seriously think I can't take the four of you? You should know the answer to that one." I hissed so just Weller could hear it.

"We're not here for you. We're here for Josh." He spat.

"You lay a finger on him, I'll break every bone in your pathetic little body." I warned him.

"What the fuck? Are you two dating?" He laughed mockingly, looking at his other friends.

"So what if we were? That's got nothing to do with you." I said firmly.

"You're both fucking disgusting." He spat.

"Weller, you and your little friends better get the fuck away from us. I showed you mercy yesterday, but I won't next time. Next time..." I stepped right up close to him, my face inches away from his. "I will beat you to within and inch of your sad little life and every single one of these assholes. You think I'm fucking joking? Look in the mirror. That's the least I could've done to you. I'll put you in the fucking hospital." I hissed.

"Come on, guys... They're not worth it." Weller mumbled, turning back. As did all of his friends.