Chapter 26

Josh's POV:

"I didn't believe you when you first said you could handle them." I laughed as we walked off.

Simon was terrifying when he wanted to be. It made my heart race hearing him defend me like that. I loved how protective he was.

"I'd go to any length to protect you, Josh. And now you'll let me be in your life, I won't let anybody lay a hand on you ever again." He said fiercely, eyes locked into mine, sending shivers down my spine.

"Come round." I blurted out, biting my lip nervously. I didn't want him to go.

"Sure." He smiled, stroking my face gently before we resumed walking.

I felt my face heating up and a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth.

"God, you're so fucking cute." He grinned.

"Simon..." I jokingly complained, turning surely even redder.

When we got to mine, I introduced him to my mum.

"This is Simon, he's that new friend I told you about." I beamed.

My mum gave me a knowing smile before hugging Simon.

"Josh said you've been looking out for him. I appreciate that very much." She said.

"It's nothing he doesn't deserve." Simon smiled.

"The guys who jumped me came up to us while we were walking..." I told her, seeing her expression fall. "Nothing happened! Simon actually got rid of them before they could do anything. They're actually scared of him."

"What the hell did you do to achieve that?" She asked in shock.

"Well, I don't know how much you'd approve of that..." He laughed nervously.

"If you did it for my son, and you care about him as much as he says. I'm sure you did exactly what I wanted to." She told him.

"There's a video of it on Instagram." He admitted. "I'll probably get in trouble if it doesn't get taken down."

"Let me handle that, and let me see that video. I want to see someone smack that smug son of a bitch." She said.

"Josh, I love your mum." Simon laughed.