Chapter 32

☘ Neil's truth ☘

Duniya mein kitni hai nafratein,
Phir bhi dilon mein hai chahtein.....
Mar bhi jaaye....
Pyar vaale.....
Mitt nhi bhi jaaye.....
Yaar vale....

Zinda rehti hai unki mohabbatein....
Zinda rehti hai unki mohabbatein.....☘

********************************

☘☘☘☘☘

Aarohi and Neil are sitting on the ground in the same room. Aarohi is staring at all the things which she saw in the box. Two handmade bracelets, a small photograph of her when she was 10 years, The very same age when she met Neil.. There are so many things like this.

Aarohi looked at him when he uttered while caressing one bracelet, which was made by her as their friendship symbol.

" You left the city and I wasn't able to return this to you."

She smiled slightly as he remember everything cleary. To be honest, his words are making her guilty.

" I had no one. My brother did suicide, Father died after him, Mother had already took divorce from father.."

Neil looked at her.

" And that's when I met you. I still remember how few boys were troubling you and when I saved you."

She chuckled as faded memory came into her mind.

" I started to clinging on you to be my friend."

Aarohi said after him. He nodded and laughed slightly with her.

" From there our friendship increased. My days used to end with you. I used to wait for next day just to play with you. Everything was going on happily. I started to live my life more freely. Darkness started to fade away from my life and you became my light."

Aarohi is listening to him. She didn't know that her friendship meant so much to him. That little girl didn't realized that she was healing something she didn't break.

" But the day you told me that your family was shifting. I felt like my life got shattered. I was scared that darkness will again consume me but that one promise was enough to wait for you...."

He asked after few seconds.

" Do you remember that Promise?"

He chuckled sadly seeing her puzzled.

" Mujhse vada kro Neil ki tum ache se rahoge.-"

( Promise me Neil that you will live happily.-)

Aarohi continued after him.

" Mujhse vada kro ki tum khush rahoge. Padhayi kroge, apne sapne poore kroge, Dost banoage....Khush rahoge."

( Promise me that You'll be happy, study, fulfill your dream, Make friends......you'll be happy.)

He smiled as she remembered the promise.

" Aur tumne kha tha ki tum aaogi...Fir hum kabhi alag nhi hoyenge."

( And then you said to come and then we two will never separate.)

She nodded her head slightly. Her heart ached to see his condition. He still stick to that promise. Without her knowing, she made a different place in his heart.

" From that day I did everything you tell me to do. I was waiting for you until I saw you again....shopping with your in law's. When I get to know that you are married. My life turned upside down. The one for whom I was waiting for 13 years can't be mine now. Main dobara se andhere mein nhi jaana chahta tha."