𝒊. summer reunion

𝒊. summer reunion
━━━━━━━━━━━━
ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin

" what must it be like to grow up thatbeautiful? with you hair fallinginto place like dominos

beautiful? with you hair falling
into place like dominos. "
- gold rush,, taylor swift

(season 1 episode 1)

word count; 5,000+

    SUMMER IS ELLIE'S favourite time of the year

That may be the most obvious statement to make, but it's true. Everything seems so much brighter and happier during summer. Ocean waves crashing into shore as sun beats down on you, towel laying beneath your back. It's like everything is perfect during summer. Nothing has been able to break that rose coloured vision Ellie holds for the season, and it's unlikely that anything ever could.

As she heads towards her house, tote bag over her arm, she bows her head back to let a warm summer breeze blow over her. It rustles her hair, as well as he T-shirt even though it's not very strong of a wind. The sun kisses her cheeks, forcing a gentle blush to arise across them. Ellie breathes in deeply, and then blows out the salt air that filled her lungs. The moment comes and passes, and she's heading back up the steps of her beach house. Her flip flops click and clack on her way up, and the front door creaks as she enters.

"I'm back!" she calls out, shutting the door behind her, and with it the warm summer air.

As she heads to the kitchen where she left her mom this morning after breakfast, Ellie reaches into her bag, and pulls out the three bouquets of flowers her mom told her to pick up for them. It's something Ellie loves about her mom, she loves filling each room of the house with colour and life. It greatly fits her lively, vibrant personality.

"Oh, thank you, sweetie," Susannah says, taking the flowers from Ellie, and then pressing a careful kiss to her head. Today, like yesterday, her mom is wearing a bright, flowing sundress. "These will look lovely in here. Sorry to bother you, I know you wanted to get ready for when the others get here."