𝒗. summer jealousy

𝒗. summer jealousy
━━━━━━━━━━━━
ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin

 summer jealousy━━━━━━━━━━━━❛ ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin ❜

the moon was out, but the sun was in
your eyes. no one talked, but i did.
you listened. you said you liked the
way i spoke.
- the way i spoke,, beabadoobee

(season 1 episode 2)

word count; 3,600+

    "HELLO, DEBUTANTES," PAIGE BEGINS from where she stands at the front of the room, hands clasping together. "A few small housekeeping bits I'd like to go over. We have a lot to look forward to this season. Now, I understand some of you might think that debbing is outdated. It's something you're doing to appease your families. But the Cousins Debutante Ball is a part of history." From the corner of Ellie's eye, she sees Shayla unscrewing the cap off of a flask. "Venerated, yet ever evolving, it's a tradition you'll someday pass on to your own daughters." Shayla grabs her tea cup, and pours the liquid in, then passes the flask to Gigi. "It's a formal marking of this passage of time between your teenage years and your adulthood. One ends, and the other begins." They continue passing it along to the next people until it reaches Maddie who happily pours some into her cup. "It's a journey generations of women before you have taken. Women who you can learn from and who can inspire you. Debs, at each table is a big sister who will guide you through the season. So, please introduce yourselves."

    "Hey, little sis," Nicole greets Ellie and Belly, leaning forward so they can see her where she sits on Maddie's other side. "Honestly, my parents made me do it last year because, you know, like, all the women in my family have done it. But my big sis was great, and I actually ended up having a lot of fun. So just don't be nervous. Okay?" Nicole nods at the flask, looking between both girls. "Do you want some?"

    When Ellie looks at Belly, the brunette girl is distracted by something from afar. She follows her eyeline and sees a glimpse of a person in the hallway. "Um, no, thanks, I'm good, but, uh, I'll be right back," Belly stammers out, hand dropping out of Ellie's as she gets out of her chair.

    "Oh, okay," Nicole replies, clearly just as confused as the rest of the table.

    "Sorry," Belly mutters as she rushes away.

    Gigi looks at the rest of the girls, confused. "What is that about?"

    Ellie wishes she knew the same thing. The brunette girl has a huge smile on her face as she leaves the room, and that's when Ellie catches sight of the person. They turn around when Belly says something, and Ellie recognizes the boy as Cam from the bonfire. Ellie's heart sinks into her stomach as she watches them. Both are so smiley, so happy to see each other, and Ellie wants to cry at the knowledge that this is clearly the beginning of a crush for Belly. That there'll always be another person who she'll want more than she'll ever want Ellie. Belly only sees Ellie as a friend, she knows this. She shouldn't hope for more . . . and yet . . .