𝒗𝒊. summer birthdays

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin

❝ in silent screams, in wildestdreams, i never dreamed of this

in silent screams, in wildest
dreams, i never dreamed of this.
- this love,, taylor swift

(season 1 episode 3)

word count; 5,700+

    BELLY'S BIRTHDAY IS ONE of Ellie's favourite days in the year

On this day, Belly does not stop smiling. And, since her smile is so Goddamn beautiful and mesmerising, Ellie spends most the day smiling as well. All year, Ellie has been waiting to give Belly her gift. She had bought it around Christmas time, and knew exactly when she was going to give it to Belly. Not only that, but she knew she was going to finally tell Belly how she felt. So, here Ellie sits at the kitchen counter, fiddling with the letter that would change everything between them. The more she sits here in her thoughts, the more she feels her anxiety building. Ellie would never want to throw away her and Belly's friendship, but if there's even a chance Belly loves her back, she has to take a chance.

Today, Ellie wore a nice outfit in hopes to impress Belly somehow. Honestly, she feels a bit ridiculous about it now, but it's too late to go back. Steven waving his hands in her face snaps Ellie out of her thoughts. "Uh, Ellie, whatever you were making in the oven is ready," he tells her. "The timer's going off."

"Oh, thanks," she says, grabbing her oven mitts and rounding the corner to the oven. Ellie opens the door, and reaches in to pull out the banana bread she baked. It's Belly's favourite kind because Ellie adds cocoa and chocolate chips to it. "No one touch this, Belly gets to have the first piece."

"Morning, everyone."

At the sound of Belly's voice, Ellie's heartbeat ticks up, and a chorus of "Happy Birthday" rings out. The blonde is the first one to approach Belly, taking her in a hug and pressing a kiss to her cheek. "Happy Birthday, Belle," Ellie whispers, smiling fondly at the girl in her arms.