𝒙𝒊𝒗. summer unease

𝒙𝒊𝒗. summer unease
━━━━━━━━━━━━
ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin

❝ how was your day? wasit okay? 'cause we haven'ttalked in a while

how was your day? was
it okay? 'cause we haven't
talked in a while.
- how was your day,, beabadoobee

(season 1 episode 6)

word count; 3,600+

    BELLY WAKES UP, eyes opening slowly. Her room is aglow with a bright light, and she is currently wearing a white dress with little roses on it. Hair perfectly pinned back and tucked behind her ears, Belly feels pretty. She smiles lightly, hand tugging her blanket up a little more, basking in the warmth of her bed. Then, a familiar voice interrupts her peace.

    "Good morning, Bells."

    Shocked, Belly whips around to look at none other than Jeremiah Fisher. He's laying in her bed next to her, and wears a bright smile on his face. "Jeremiah, what are you—?" she begins only to have the curly haired boy interrupt her with a kiss. Though the kiss feels off and strange, Belly kisses him back.

    As she pulls away, eyes still shut, Belly frowns a bit. Eyes fluttering open, Belly gasps lightly when she finds Conrad now laying in front of her. "Wait, Conrad, what are—?"

    "It's okay," Conrad interrupts. "You and I are meant to be."

    With a blink, Jeremiah is back. "Belly, wait," he says. "It's always been us. How can you not see?"

    Brows furrowing, Belly's about to respond, maybe ask what the hell is going on when another voice shocks her to silence. "Belle?" Slowly, Belly looks over to the foot of her bed. She finds Ellie standing there, a heartbroken expression written across her face. Belly looks from side to side next to Ellie and when the blonde takes a glance herself she finds Conrad and Jeremiah on either side of her. "I-I thought you loved me."

    Belly's heart sinks into her stomach. "I-I do love you!" she stammers. "Elle, I—"

    With a start, Belly sits up in bed, heart racing as she whips her head around her room, looking for Conrad, Jeremiah or Ellie, only to find that she's all alone. Brushing her hair out of her face, Belly shakes her head a bit, pushing back her blankets. Blowing a harsh breath out, Belly briefly hugs Junior Mint to her chest before she swings her legs over the side of her bed and gets out. Though she longs to stay in longer, she knows she needs to get up so she can get ready and pick Taylor up.

    Belly hates that even her dream life is complicated. She hates that she kissed Jeremiah. Even though it ended up being fine, it'll most likely still be a little awkward.