𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. summer love

𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. summer love
━━━━━━━━━━━━
ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin

❝ i once believed love would beburning red, but it's golden,like daylight

i once believed love would be
burning red, but it's golden,
like daylight.
- daylight,, taylor swift

(season 1 episode 7)

word count; 1,700+

    THE NEXT MORNING Ellie's eyes are so puffy she feels like she can barely see through them, and she's still struggling to breathe properly. So, although it's pretty early in the morning, Ellie grabbed her phone and headed outside towards the ocean. She didn't even bother putting on her flip flops. The salty ocean air felt good blowing against her face, and Ellie knew she made the right decision to come out to the beach at that moment. It felt good, cool, refreshing against her face which had been rosy and warm. The wet sand slides between her toes and she leaves footprints behind her as she heads towards the ocean.

    Once she's gotten close enough to the tide that it won't be splashing her any time soon, she takes a seat, not caring that her shorts will be covered in sand afterwards. Her blonde hair blows in the wind as she takes a deep breath of the fresh ocean air, letting it soothe its lungs. Susannah always said that no matter what you're going through, the ocean will always help you feel just a little bit better. Though the pain of hearing about her mother still sits heavily in her heart, it does help her breathe better and eases the headache that had been growing in her mind.

    Ellie turns on some music from her phone, letting it play quietly in the background and shuts her eyes. She listens to the soft sounds of piano playing from her phone and the way the wind whistles around her. Further down on the beach, she hears echoes of children laughing and thinks of when all of the kids were younger, how they would chase each other along the beach and make sand castles. Stephanie and Susannah always loved helping them build a whole village of castles while Laurel and Rosie loved helping the boys destroy said castles. They would have picnics on the beach and would stay for hours on end. They couldn't get enough of the sand, salt air and wide ocean.

    Ellie's not sure how long she stays there like that, trying to drink in all the noise and ignore all the pain she's feeling until she hears footsteps behind her. Blinking her eyes open, Ellie doesn't have to look, she knows who's there. Though Ellie doesn't know how to feel about what happened between her and Belly, she does want her best friend. She wants to talk to her or maybe to just sit in silence together.

    Turning to look up, Ellie's eyes land on Belly. She offers a smile that doesn't look too convincing, yet Ellie finds herself smiling back, already comforted by her best friend's presence. Without a word, Belly takes a seat next to Ellie, pulling her knees into her chest. The two of them sit in silence, enjoying the beautiful scenery and listening to the music playing from the phone laying in the sand between them.