𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. summer pain

𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. summer pain
━━━━━━━━━━━━
ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin

❝ so much for summer love andsaying "us" 'cause you weren'tmine to lose

so much for summer love and
saying "us" 'cause you weren't
mine to lose.
- august,, taylor swift

(season 1 episode 5)

word count; 2,900+

    THE MOMENT BELLY DECIDES to emerge from her room is the exact moment Ellie decides to do the same and the two end up crashing into each other. The brunette girl tenses up immediately, mumbling an apology before quickly rushing back into her room. She can wait a little bit to go get breakfast. It's far too early to deal with all the drama going on in her life, so instead she flops back down on her bed with a sigh. It was never this complicated when they were kids, before real crushes and feelings could be had for another, it was so simple. Belly both longs for it and is glad it has changed.

    Not knowing what else to do, Belly reaches over for her phone and picks it up. Taylor will be here in a few weeks anyway, but she can't wait that long. Belly dials her number and holds the phone to her ear, incredibly relieved when Taylor picks up on the second ring. "Belly? You never call me, what's going on?" she asks.

    "Yeah, hey," Belly says, staring at her stealing intently like it could have all the answers written on it. "Um, I need to give you an update because my life feels like a movie."

    "I'm going to be there in, like, a week, you know."

    "I know," Belly says. "I just can't wait." She pauses, sighing. "I told Ellie I love her."

    "Wait a minute," Taylor replies, voice going up a whole octave. "Like, platonically or—"

    Belly grimaces, placing a hand over her eyes. "Nope, I told her I was in love with her," she says. "And I was drunk when I told her."

    "Oh my God! Belly!" she exclaims happily. "What did she say?"

    "Well, when it happened, I got distracted by cake so I left," Belly recounts, huffing a laugh. "But, uh, well, she was angry at me."

    "She was? Why?"

    With a sigh, Belly shakes her head as if Taylor can see her. "I think because I was drunk when I said it," she says. "Plus, I was still with Cam."

    "Was?"

    "Yeah, I ended things," Belly states, shrugging. "I just— I didn't feel the fireworks." She closes her eyes with a frown. "And now everything's all complicated with Ellie, she won't even speak to me or look at me and I know she knows about Cam by now. Gossip in our house spreads like wildfire. But, she hasn't said anything to me about it. I just don't know what to do." She pauses again. "Hey, so, um, I'm sorry about what happened. I overreacted."