6

Dove's PoV

I woke up the next morning with the hangover of all hangovers and my alarm going off right next to my head. my head felt as if a herd of elephants were running across my skull. With a groan I push up out of bed and get dressed for the first day of training.

As I make my way out of my room I'm hit with the lovely smell of coffee and bacon. Walking into the kitchen I see a smiling Phoenix at the kitchen counter, laughing slightly as she looks at me while lifting her cup to take a drink of her coffee.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask her as I begin to make my own morning coffee.

"Oh no reason." She says still with laughter in her voice. "How was the rest of your night?" she asks.

"Fine I think. I have a raging hangover and I don't fully remember how I got home and into bed." I say as I finish up my coffee and begin looking for some kind of pain med to get rid of this headache.

"Oh I know how you got home. As for what happened after I left, I know there was dancing on a table and three fruity cocktails involved but not much else." Phoenix tells me turning to walk out of the room.

"Wow hold on! how did I get home and how many drinks did I have?" I yell after her.

her response is just laughs as she walks into her room and closes the door behind her. Well this is going to be an interesting day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once Phoenix and I got to the hanger we were having our debrief in we find the rest of the group. Bob and Rooster walk up to us first.

"Hey sis heard you had an interesting night after I left." He says with a laugh.

"Shut up roost, I already am dealing with a crazy hangover I don't need your shit right now." I respond while walking away to find a seat.

As I walk away I hear him still laughing and that Phoenix has joined in. So while walking to find a seat I flip everyone behind me the bird and settle in for the beginning of our day.

After a few minutes Rooster find the empty seat next to me, Hangman in front of us, Phoenix and Bob in the seats across from us, and Payback and Fanboy behind them. The rest slowly filed in. Once everyone was seated we all we called to attention as an Admiral walked in towards the front of the room.

"You all may relax and take a seat. Welcome to your special training detachment. Be seated. Im Admiral bates, NAWDC commander. You're all top gun graduates. The elite. The best of the best. That was yesterday." He begins. I turn to look at Rooster and he looks as shocked as I am.

Admiral Bates continues. "The enemy's new 5th generation fighter has leveled the playing field. Details are few, but you can be sure we no longer posses the technological advantage. Success, now more than ever, comes down to the man or women in the box." He finishes.

Hangman turns to look at Phoenix and I as Bates sys the last bit. Phoenix and I make eye contact than proceed to both flip Hangman the bird while still focused on the front.

Admiral Bates pressed forward, "Half will make the cut, one will be named mission leader, the other half will remain in reserve." With this Hangman turns to look back at Rooster who in turn also flips Hangman off while playing it off as rubbing his jawline.

Admiral pulls our attention back as he begins to introduce our instructor for this mission.

"Your instructor is a top gun graduate, With real world experience in every mission aspect you will be expected to master. His exploits are legendary. He is considered to be one of the finest pilots this program has ever produced."