7

Bob's PoV

After watching a few groups go up against Maverick I'm starting to think the man brings out the worst in people.

Rooster has been fuming since he finishes his push-ups and was very tense while Dove was in the air for her flight.

When passing Dove on our way to the tarmac, Phoenix and I witnessed her ripping into Harvard and Yale for being 'complete dumbasses who deserve to have their balls ripped off their bodies and if they ever act without thinking of their wing man again she will gladly tie their balls to her motorcycle and speed off using said balls as decor'.

Normally a threat like that would make me cringe and shrink away, but I find her violent nature kind of amusing. It's not everyday you see two men, well over 6 ft and muscular flinch away from a 5 ft women the way Harvard and Yale were.

Sharing a look with Phoenix we both let out small laughs and hurry pass careful to not get caught in Dove's fit of rage.

Once we get to our jet we do one more check to make sure everything is working before we climb the ladder into the cock pit.

This is my first time flying with Phoenix and of course we are flying with Hangman of all people. Just our luck to being the only pair who has never flown together, but for our first flight we have the cockiest pilot in the air with us.

Once both planes are in the air and above the hard deck Hangman calls through the comms. "How's about we tell everybody Bob stands for something? Other than Robert, I mean."

I go to reply to him but Phoenix stops me "Don't take the bait, Bob. Wanna know why we call him Hangman?"

I decide to just sit back and listen to them go back and forth when Hangman chimes in again. "Oh wait I got it, Baby On Board." He starts to laugh at his own joke, when all of the sudden Maverick flies directly between us seeming to come out of no where.

"Shit!" Hangman yells. All signs of messing around are quickly dropped as the dogfight begins.

"Greetings aviators. Fight's on." Maverick calls over the comms.

"Alright phoenix, let's take this guy out!" Hangman calls. "Break right." He adds.

Phoenix calls out that she is breaking right and Hangman goes the opposite way, leaving us behind.

"Where is he going?" I ask

"That's why we call him Hangman. He'll always hang you out to dry." Phoenix responds obviously very annoyed that Hangman split ways.

"Leaving your wingman. There's a strategy I haven't seen in a while." Maverick calls out as he circle back around.

"He called you a man, Phoenix. You gonna take that?" Hangman calls out as he tries to disappear.

"So long as he doesn't call you a man." Phoenix shoots back. "Talk to me Bob! Where is Maverick?" Phoenix calls to me as I turn back to see him pull his nose fully around and start to chase us.

"Jesus, his nose is already coming around!" I call back

"Get him off me Hangman!" Phoenix calls through the comms.

"For all you Folks at home this is how you bury a fossil." Hangman taunts.

"Alright Hangman, time to teach you a lesson. You're out Phoenix." Maverick calls out.

"Son of a bitch!" Phoenix swears hitting the canopy with her fist while pulling her mask off.

I pull my mask off in disappointment. I would have liked to hold on a bit longer, but Hangman is a loose cannon and he sunk us before we even had a chance to get out to sea.