14

Nic's PoV

I wake up with sunlight in my eyes. I really thought I closed the damn curtains when I got here, but I guess not. After a few moments I realize there is an arm over my waist and a body pressed against mine.

I turn over slowly, trying to not wake the person next to me, and come face to face with Bob. His eyes are still closed, he looks so peaceful. I jump slightly when he lets out a small laugh.

"Are you just gonna keep staring at me while I sleep?" He asks, opening one eye to look at me.

"You scared the crap out of me!" I say slapping his shoulder, causing him to laugh a bit harder.

"Well you're the one who is creeping. Staring at people while they are sleeping is creepy." He finally opens both eyes and creaks a big smile, then his face turns more serious. "How are you feeling after sleeping a bit?"

"I've definitely been better. Ice didn't tell any of us that his cancer was back. None of us even gotta say goodbye. The last time I saw him was right before I was shipped off to Hawaii."

"I know I don't fully understand, but I'm here for you Little Bird. Forever and always."

I cuddle into Bob a bit more with a small smile on my face. We stay like that for what feels like an hour before there is a knock at the door, and Bradley pops his head in.

"Sorry to intrude, but lunch is starting soon and people are starting to arrive. Bob, Sarah has invited you and Nat to stay if you would like."

I feel Bob shift a bit before letting out a quiet laugh.

"I'd love to stay."

"Alright I'll let Sarah and Nat know." With that there is a moment of silence then the sound of the door clicking shut.

I raise my head slightly looking at a laughing Bob, "Did you really just fake being asleep to avoid talking to your brother?"

"What? I would never!" I say faking offense. I hurry off the bed as Bob reaches out for me, and start looking through the bag Bradley packed for me. Suddenly I heard a boisterous laugh, when I turned back, his head was thrown back and he looked like he had no care in the world.

When he calms down a bit he looks back at me, "What? Do I have something on my face?" he asks, rubbing his face.

I shake my head, "No. No, you don't, I was just thinking." I turn back towards my bag pulling out a light blue and white floral sundress.

"Well I'm gonna get dressed in the bathroom down the hall. Give you some privacy." Bob starts as he walks towards me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Let me know if you need anything." With that he kisses my check and walks out the door.

Now alone with my thoughts I start to panic. After everything that has happened in 24 hrs, and this mission, the disabling fear of losing Bob.

Shaking my head a bit, deciding to think about those thoughts later, I change into my dress and apply light makeup before I make my way down stairs.

—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I make it downstairs I am met with a bunch of Admirals in the living room. I spot Bob, Bradley and Nat over in the corner, so I take off in that direction hoping to not get stopped. I make it over to the group without interference, and find a spot next to Bob.

"Hey guys, What did I miss?" I ask, stealing Bradley's drink out of his hand, taking a sip.

"Hey! Nic what the hell? Get your own." He calls, stealing back his drink.