17

Bob's PoV:

After being pulled into Payback and Fanboy's performance, I rush back towards my seat, hoping no one will make too many comments about how awkward I looked.

Nic is still sitting there with a smirk on her face, and Phoenix is laughing so hard she is bent over as she stands from my chair, offering it back to me. She pats me on the back as she walks up to the screen finally calming down.

"That was embarrassing." I grumble, Finally sitting down next to Nic.

"Oh come on." She starts turning her body towards mine. "I thought it was cute." She finishes, pulling my chair more towards hers. I give in and scoot my chair a bit to help her out, and she puts her head on my shoulder.

"Are you gonna sing something?" I ask, placing a kiss on the side of her head.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go after Phoenix finishes up." She says, turning her head slightly.

"What song are you gonna do?" I ask.

"You'll just have to wait and see." She teases. After a few seconds Phoenix finishes her song and Nic stands up. As she makes her way to the front she turns back and mouths, 'This ones for you.' Then continues on her way.

The opening chords of a newer song start up, and it sounds a bit familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it. Once she starts singing I recognize the song as one that she played in the car on our first date.

'We've only been dating for a year

But I'm gonna take a risk and sound a little weird

I want the picket fences and an arch around the entrance

Two Ikea twin beds for the kids'

Nic looks straight at me as she continues her song, her voice soft but powerful.

It's normal to be a little scared

But I wanna bend the rules and play some truth or dare

So ask me any question, I don't really care

The only thing I care about is if you'll meet me there

And I wanna take your name

And I know you want the same

When you hold me, I see the end of a movie

Everyone thinks that we're crazy

And maybe we are

I hate the middle, let's skip to the part when you kiss me

Surrounded by friends and our family

Know we're too young to get married

We knew from the start

I'm sick of waiting, so can we just skip to that part?

As she finishes out the song, everyone is quiet and I even catch Maverick whipping tears from his eyes. Payback starts clapping and everyone starts to join in. Nic lowers her head as she starts to blush. I stand there looking up at the girl I have been falling for since day one and everything clicks into place.

I'm going to marry this girl.